• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Is it just me or does the rear sight look higher than the front sight? You can see the rear peak above the RDS base in the profile view and the front sight is rather low in comparison unless it's an optical illusion. It doesn't mention co-witness as a feature either. They don't identify who makes the 4MOA RDS and it appears to hang over the edge of the slide rather than some new micro RDS design. If they were going to just drill Trijicon RMR format holes, they may have been better off making a cover plate CORE model and let people pick what they want for RDS. And as far as 10+1, if S&W had any sense, they would come out with a 10 round mag model where the new mag is compatible with the original shield frame. I guess I'm just left with more questions than answers looking at this thing and its price tag.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    YESSSSS!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!! THEY MADE IT!!!!!

Man, I've been wanting a 4" Shield .45 forever! Even bought an extended threaded barrel for my .45 Shield from Lone Wolf, but it didn't fit properly, so I sent it back.

I WILL be getting one of these!

:rockwoot:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why not just get M&P9/40/45 compact?

The Shield is much thinner and lighter, but still has an available full grip with the extended mag. Not really the same category of pistol. Lots of people are comfortable with 8 rounds of .45 or 9 rounds of 9mm, especially with an easy-to-carry spare mag or 2. This new 4 inch model will lend a velocity boost to your defensive ammo.

I don't have a Shield 9, but here is my M&P Compact 2.0 vs. my Shield .45, both loaded. (147 grain for the 9mm, 230 grain for the .45)

451.jpg

453.jpg

454.jpg

5.7 ounces may not seem like much, but it sure is noticeable after carrying all day. The difference will be even more with the 9mm Shield, maybe closer to 1/2 lb. of weight.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Why not just get M&P9/40/45 compact?

As mentioned above... Thinner!

I own just about every iteration of M&P; 1st Gens, 2nd Gens, full-size, compact, 5", 4.25" 4", 3.5", 3.12" and various shield models, yet I would love to add this 4" version to the stable. Why? 'Murica!

allthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2019
    NW, IN
    I been resisting one because I have a V1 9mm, but the temptation is getting to me, I can get a new one in the box for $350.00 but I don't believe it is a 2.0

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've carried a 4" XDs for several years. I absolutely love it. With the 9rd mag, it's a full size grip. The flush fit mags make it disappear under a tucked in shirt. I love size of it. I might have to see how this one feels.

When I picked my plastic Springfields over G**** and the M&P, I really wanted the M&P but the triggers sucked. (2013ish). With this new release and the better 2.0 full size, maybe it's time to switch

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I've carried a 4" XDs for several years. I absolutely love it. With the 9rd mag, it's a full size grip. The flush fit mags make it disappear under a tucked in shirt. I love size of it. I might have to see how this one feels.

When I picked my plastic Springfields over G**** and the M&P, I really wanted the M&P but the triggers sucked. (2013ish). With this new release and the better 2.0 full size, maybe it's time to switch

Time? Time? Oh, it's way past time!

:D

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I have several 9mm 2.0 models, and the triggers are all better than my one XD Mod 2 that I have. My Mod 2 is a .45 Tactical, and the only reason I have it is because I like the size and capacity for home defense vs. the fence-post Glock 21, and also because of the lack of other 5" barrel higher capacity .45 striker fired pistols out there. A 5" .45 Walther PPQ would get my attention, though.

Top Bottom