• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a G17 Vickers edition that I'm experiencing issues with ejection, l did some research and looks like this somewhat common in this model. Per my research y change the ejector to a gen 4 and it helped but did not totally fix it, what should I do next?. This video illustrates exactly the issue but it's not me or my handgun.

https://youtu.be/DnfxG_A5pIg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've been a Glock Armorer for about 10 years. I have some parts but I'm not sure what the video is demonstrating unless you are talking about it putting brass in your face. If you want to PM me I should be able to sort it out for you. Different ammo or RSA can also cause erratic ejection.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Contact NHT3 above is your best bet. As he indicated have you tried different ammo?

I know Bradis used to have small Glock parts back when Mark was there, but not sure these days.

I posted about this quite some time back, but in my case, I replaced the ejector, and the spring loaded bearing I believe, in one of my Gen 3 19's that would occasionally put some brass to the face.

Some folks replaced the extractor as well (you could replace it with an Apex extractor for example)

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Contact NHT3 above is your best bet. As he indicated have you tried different ammo?

I know Bradis used to have small Glock parts back when Mark was there, but not sure these days.

I posted about this quite some time back, but in my case, I replaced the ejector, and the spring loaded bearing I believe, in one of my Gen 3 19's that would occasionally put some brass to the face.

Some folks replaced the extractor as well (you could replace it with an Apex extractor for example)

I did try different ammo, looks like I need an extractor and plunger Glock parts # 98 and 112.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I did try different ammo, looks like I need an extractor and plunger Glock parts # 98 and 112.

Interested to hear how it goes for you. In my case it was a marginal issue and the ejector and Spring Loaded Bearing seem to fix it up. My brother had one that was really bad, and I think he swapped the parts I did plus the extractor and it brought it into the reasonable range of behavior.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My formerly owned G3 G17 would do the same thing. I was chided and told to grip it better because there wasn't any way that the most perfecter of handguns could possibly be dumping brass backwards at mine eyes.

I hope the above suggestions help! I should have kept that G17. But I didn't. :-(

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The extractor depressing plunger should take ten and possibly hundreds of thousands of rounds to actually wear out so long as it is installed correctly (polymer to polymer and metal to metal. That being said, if the ejector has already been replaced you might as well spend the $30 and replace the RSA as well as the extractor and EDP. That would encompass your extraction/ejection parts.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Update. I got my parts from Glock and installed them. Extractor, plunger, plunger spring, plastic bushing. I put about 100 rds through and hate to say but still experience some weak ejection but a lot less frequent, I did not experienced any malfunctions and let me be clear I never had any malfunctions. The next thing to do is to buy an Apex extractor but I'm not ready to spend $50.00 for something I shouldn't be buying, I still trust my G17 I'm not happy at the moment since I had to spend money to get it running correctly.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Update. I got my parts from Glock and installed them. Extractor, plunger, plunger spring, plastic bushing. I put about 100 rds through and hate to say but still experience some weak ejection but a lot less frequent, I did not experienced any malfunctions and let me be clear I never had any malfunctions. The next thing to do is to buy an Apex extractor but I'm not ready to spend $50.00 for something I shouldn't be buying, I still trust my G17 I'm not happy at the moment since I had to spend money to get it running correctly.

Yep, that was kind of where my brother got as well with his, if I remember correctly. I can't remember what extractor he went with, I'll have to see if he remembers.

Good to hear there was some improvement, but too bad it did not clear it up entirely. I think this is primarily due to a tolerances stacking situation on some of these pistols.

That said, I do think Apex has free shipping through Memorial day, as I recall getting an email on that earlier today.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I finally had the opportunity to get the Apex extractor and installed it, I test fire it yesterday with mostly good results. I did the 10-8 ejection test and it did well, the ejection overall is much better but every once in a while it will eject kind of weird but at this point I'm not concerned. Even with the old parts the G17 has not malfunction and honestly as long I feed it with decent ammo and clean it I think it won't let me down, I'm looking forward to put more rounds through it

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I finally had the opportunity to get the Apex extractor and installed it, I test fire it yesterday with mostly good results. I did the 10-8 ejection test and it did well, the ejection overall is much better but every once in a while it will eject kind of weird but at this point I'm not concerned. Even with the old parts the G17 has not malfunction and honestly as long I feed it with decent ammo and clean it I think it won't let me down, I'm looking forward to put more rounds through it

Thanks for the update on the Apex.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    "Mostly good results" sounds like you spent quite a few bucks and there's still a issue. If you get tired of it tossing one in your face once in a while let me know. Considering the parts you've swapped you might consider getting an adapter bushing and trying a Gen 3 RSA to see if that solves the problem. The RSA is an important part of that cycle. Erratic behavior from your RSA can cause erratic ejection.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom