• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bought from a member. New in box. Never fired. Sweet profile.
    Range pics will come later this week.

Specifications below:
    Made in Italy
    Comes with 13 rd. magazine x2
    Aluminum Alloy Frame
    Steel Guide Rod
    Combat Trigger Guard
    Reversible Magazine Release
    Ambidextrous Safety Decocker
    Open Slide Design
    Tool Free Disassembly
    Non Reflective Black Bruniton Finish

FAMILY: 92 Pistol Series
    MODEL: 92FS Compact
    CALIBER/GAUGE: 9mm
    ACTION: Double / Single Action
    STOCK/GRIPS: Black Plastic

BARREL: 4.25"
    OVERALL LENGTH: 7.75"
    Overall height (in) 5.25
    Overall width (in) 1.5
    WEIGHT: 31.6 oz.
    SIGHTS: Fixed

koAroUU.jpg
    gg7a9ut.jpg

0Mm0py6.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Congrats! The 92 Compact L has become very popular lately in the Beretta world. If I have the facts straight, Beretta made a run a few years ago for a police force that fell through, and the pistols wound up in the US market, which became an instant hit. Beretta got smart and continued production for sale here.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congrats! The 92 Compact L has become very popular lately in the Beretta world. If I have the facts straight, Beretta made a run a few years ago for a police force that fell through, and the pistols wound up in the US market, which became an instant hit. Beretta got smart and continued production for sale here.

How long till its relisted?

That's what I have read about them also, which only enhanced the "story" behind the gun, indykid.

Fair question, usmarine. It just depends on how much range time I can get, and what size I'm willing to live with for a larger CC.
    I love all 5, so it's going to be difficult to let go of some.
    The Beretta is really bigger than the others, which is either in its favor or not: it will be an interesting journey.
    I lined up 5 guns last night to compare sizes b/c logically, I will keep only 1, maybe 2 of them.
    But, I have a Ruger Mark 4 Target .22LR that I'm going to sell first, then I'll start on my 9mms to trim.
    I was down to the "basics" with 9mm, but I bought 4 more to try out in the past month: my idea of fun!
    I'm picking up another gun after work today, so that will complicate things even more. :ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    20' Upper right corner for the Beretta FS compact.
    Shooting low with it, and the weak gun in my hand compared to the others.
    tFsltyO.jpg

30' Beretta upper left corner.
    WOW! I haven't this low since my H&K experience.
    Looks like my hand just doesn't fit with the Beretta compact. Surprised how poorly I did.
    TYKL1D8.jpg

30' again with only 5 shots to try to improve.
    Beretta upper left.
    This is embarrassing, but there it is.
    lonLb9M.jpg

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think we may have discussed this before, but some guns are setup for different sight holds. I personally have no idea of the proper hold for a Beretta with stock OEM sights is, but different guns/sights are set up different ways. Just a thought. Someone more familiar with the Beretta will be along soon I'm sure. Since you are doing pretty well with the other guns, just thinking this may be a possibility. Ignore the PPQ sight, as I just grabbed this off the internet

PPQsightchart.jpg

Of course, it could also be that you need some finger adjustment to get used to the trigger specifically on the Beretta.

3690d1303674258-shooting-low-left-pistol-correction-rh-mini.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was trying everything, especially the 2nd round at 30' with only 5 shots.
    I just couldn't believe how I could not shoot the Beretta Compact: bummer.
    Since I have to trim a 9mm (or two, or three), the Compact is the weakest.
    I wanted to go another round at 20', to see if I could do better than the 1st round, but I had to get home for supper. :dunno:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    What distinguishes the L from the regular 92 compact?

Just the letter "L". Seriously, as the M9 is virtually identical to a 92FS except for markings, I believe the compact with the L just designates it was or was supposed to be law enforcement issue.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I wanted to go back to the range and do some 12' (like I did with the H&K that shot low for me) and prove it is all me: not being able to shoot as well with the Beretta Compact as with the others.
    And, take the gun rests and see what they show (always indicting).
    After doing some 12', I'd go and do some more 20' & 30' (forget 40': it would be too depressing :().

But, I have a 6-8:30 meeting and have to finish preparing for a presentation (also my idea of fun), so I won't be able to go back to the range this pm: bummer. :crying:

Since the other 3 are ahead already (although the Bersa didn't do well with the 5 shot test either), I don't hold out much hope for it, especially with the "new" Ruger SR9 compact with the great choice between a 10 and 17 round magazine, and I love the CZ P-07.

This is what I love to do. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You should meet someone at the range and have THEM shoot it and see what happens. Ahem. :-D

Good point!
    That's what I did with the H & K I had that shot low.
    I got the Range Master to shoot it and he proved it was me.
    I know it must be me with the Beretta as well.
    I have owned and shot other Berettas with no issue, so it does puzzle me.
    But, since I have choices with other guns that are naturally shooting for me w/o issue for whatever reason; I have no motivation to labor the issue.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    IMHO, having had a 92FS railed compact in the past (which may be the only gun I regret ever letting go of), the trigger on mine broke pretty far back in the trigger guard. I had a tendency to shoot mine a bit low because of this. It took me a bit of practice to get used to it. This could be causing you to lower your grip ever so slightly as you're pulling back waiting for it to let go, presuming yours also breaks as far back as mine did.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    IMHO, having had a 92FS railed compact in the past (which may be the only gun I regret ever letting go of), the trigger on mine broke pretty far back in the trigger guard. I had a tendency to shoot mine a bit low because of this. It took me a bit of practice to get used to it. This could be causing you to lower your grip ever so slightly as you're pulling back waiting for it to let go, presuming yours also breaks as far back as mine did.

That would explain alot.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought the Beretta Compact and a Ruger SR9c w/i 20 hrs. of each other.
    When I bought both of them I never intended to keep both.
    I decided to go with the SR9c with its 10 & 17 rd. mags.
    The Beretta was sold to a member who has bought off me before: a totally delightful gentleman who could teach me much about retirement and managing a gun hobby.
    The upgrades on the SR9c done by a talented member here was just too much of an opportunity.
    He had previously "touched" another gun I had and I just couldn't pass up a chance to do so again.

Top Bottom