• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Lots of buzz around about these so here is my detail /ama thread.

I waited for the no external safety model and ordered the first I found available. Thumb Safety is an option to though.

Reliable reports from all of my competition buddies, I'm in recovery from some medical nonsense so I've only barely got to stretch its legs. No issues in the 10 mags I ran. No problems on 6"plates at 15 yards. Long term reliability is yet to be seen.

Out of the box, is a very ergonomic design with no edges or wear points to note.
    HUK4qGr.jpg

Sights are acceptable 3 dot with windage. I have a request into Dawson, if enough people that inquire they will make comp sights

ZAuHlWI.jpg

In the box. 2 16rd mags, how awesome to finally have some real capacity in 22 pistols. thread adapter, this is cool. Flush with the protector on and 1/2 with it installed.
    5Eh7C6O.jpg

Breakdown is simple and the machining /molding is beyond typical taurus.

PEbePRy.jpg

Accessories mounted for fun.

3o8MdMy.jpg

Ergo is very similar to my vp9, maybe a little more round but they draw to sight picture identically. Vp9l for comparison.

p5XxS6A.jpg

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Thanks for the great info. I will be having one of these as well as the new Ruger Wrangler. Fun with a .22 is so much easier on the hands and ears.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I would like to see Kel-Tec offer the PMR30 in .22lr.

I think the closest we will get to that is the cp33
    https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/cp33/

I looks a little longer in the slide, and its a fixed barrel so you can use a suppressor on it (vs the pmr30 which you CANT put a suppressor on)

BUT remember, keltec is great at ANNOUNCING new products...but HORRIABLE at making new products!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    BUT remember, keltec is great at ANNOUNCING new products...but HORRIABLE at making new products!

My happiest days as a kel tec owner were the days I sold them. Their lack of care for finishing and function outweighs their innovation IMHO. I wish they would spend some more time rounding out a quality firearm rather than pushing unfinished innovative garbage.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'll say I was very impressed with the TX22 when I handled it at the NRA Convention. I am interested in hearing how reliable it is over time. May have to end up grabbing one... ;)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My happiest days as a kel tec owner were the days I sold them. Their lack of care for finishing and function outweighs their innovation IMHO. I wish they would spend some more time rounding out a quality firearm rather than pushing unfinished innovative garbage.

With Kel-tec it pays to be patient enough to let the initial furor of a new product release die down before buying one. More lemons get through when they are rushing production to meet high demand. After demand levels off and production catches up they seem to have fewer problems and have had plenty of time to work out any problems.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm about 500 rds through the taurus, and it's a knock out. I've had no malfunction that wasn't ammo related. It lives for hv rds, fast firing and a hell of a lot of fun. I'm currently using a 509 holster that is OK. I'm waiting for red hill tactical to come out with one specific for the tx22.

People need to buy my rugers so I can buy a backup TX.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm about 500 rds through the taurus, and it's a knock out. I've had no malfunction that wasn't ammo related. It lives for hv rds, fast firing and a hell of a lot of fun. I'm currently using a 509 holster that is OK. I'm waiting for red hill tactical to come out with one specific for the tx22.

People need to buy my rugers so I can buy a backup TX.

Good to hear. Honestly, if this was an S&W or a Glock first party made pistol, I'd already have one by now. I have an Advantage Arms Glock kit, I also have an S&W M&P 22LR Compact, but would love a true complete, striker fired, 22LR with this kind of capacity. I'm just hesitant due to it being a Taurus. (Not a Taurus hater, I have a PT99 from the like 1991 or so that is a good gun). I may have to handle one of these soon.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Not a fan of rim fire but this has my interest peaked, I will have to see if I can find one or better yet hope to see a few at the next 1500. Thanks for the write up Ggreen

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Good to hear. Honestly, if this was an S&W or a Glock first party made pistol, I'd already have one by now. I have an Advantage Arms Glock kit, I also have an S&W M&P 22LR Compact, but would love a true complete, striker fired, 22LR with this kind of capacity. I'm just hesitant due to it being a Taurus. (Not a Taurus hater, I have a PT99 from the like 1991 or so that is a good gun). I may have to handle one of these soon.
    ONLY Taurus I own and I had trouble convincing myself to buy it but after reading reviews, feeling the ergonomics of it and the trigger I jumped in. At least 800 rounds down range without any issues. I don't see the sights well but I hung a CT railmaster laser on it and shooting a 7/8" paster off the target at 7 yards is not a problem. I've used Agullia, Thunderbolts, Blazer brass and CCI standard velocity and it seem accurate with all. Supplied with two 16 round mags and a threaded barrel. I can't find anything not to like about it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    ONLY Taurus I own and I had trouble convincing myself to buy it but after reading reviews, feeling the ergonomics of it and the trigger I jumped in. At least 800 rounds down range without any issues. I don't see the sights well but I hung a CT railmaster laser on it and shooting a 7/8" paster off the target at 7 yards is not a problem. I've used Agullia, Thunderbolts, Blazer brass and CCI standard velocity and it seem accurate with all. Supplied with two 16 round mags and a threaded barrel. I can't find anything not to like about it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

Awesome. Send a note to Dawson precision inquiring about sights. They produce based on interest.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

You guys are pushing me over the edge. I'll have to handle one. I'll need to look at how much extra mags are and what a good price on the gun is.

Does it have a good tactile/positive reset on the trigger?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You guys are pushing me over the edge. I'll have to handle one. I'll need to look at how much extra mags are and what a good price on the gun is.

Does it have a good tactile/positive reset on the trigger?

Mags are 22 dollars, when you can find them. I'm on notify me lists.

259 seems like a good price. They sell them with and without thumb safeties so make sure you get the model you want.

Trigger is good. It could stand to be lighter for match purposes, but for general use, training, and possible carry the factory trigger is g2g

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Only mag currently available to my knowledge is 10 round, $20 on GB.. Should be the same for the 16 round mags when they are available. Reset feels comparable to a Glock but don't take my word for it, handle one yourself. I think it's as good if not better in the trigger department than any out of the box striker fired pistol I've handled.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mags are 22 dollars, when you can find them. I'm on notify me lists.

259 seems like a good price. They sell them with and without thumb safeties so make sure you get the model you want.

Trigger is good. It could stand to be lighter for match purposes, but for general use, training, and possible carry the factory trigger is g2g

Only mag currently available to my knowledge is 10 round, $20 on GB.. Should be the same for the 16 round mags when they are available. Reset feels comparable to a Glock but don't take my word for it, handle one yourself. I think it's as good if not better in the trigger department than any out of the box striker fired pistol I've handled.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

Thanks fellas. And good to know they come without a safety... just emptied my gun fund, but this may be on the radar next. Might think about selling off my AA kit.

Top Bottom