Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Tx22

User Info Menu

Taurus Tx22

Lots of buzz around about these so here is my detail /ama thread.

I waited for the no external safety model and ordered the first I found available. Thumb Safety is an option to though.

Reliable reports from all of my competition buddies, I'm in recovery from some medical nonsense so I've only barely got to stretch its legs. No issues in the 10 mags I ran. No problems on 6"plates at 15 yards. Long term reliability is yet to be seen.

Out of the box, is a very ergonomic design with no edges or wear points to note.

Sights are acceptable 3 dot with windage. I have a request into Dawson, if enough people that inquire they will make comp sights

In the box. 2 16rd mags, how awesome to finally have some real capacity in 22 pistols. thread adapter, this is cool. Flush with the protector on and 1/2 with it installed.

Breakdown is simple and the machining /molding is beyond typical taurus.

Accessories mounted for fun.

Ergo is very similar to my vp9, maybe a little more round but they draw to sight picture identically. Vp9l for comparison.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks for the great info. I will be having one of these as well as the new Ruger Wrangler. Fun with a .22 is so much easier on the hands and ears.

User Info Menu

How's the trigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    How's the trigger?
    Lighter than the hk. It has a short and positive reset. It's good enough to leave it alone, and that's not my style.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    Lighter than the hk. It has a short and positive reset. It's good enough to leave it alone, and that's not my style.

Cool, thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I would like to see Kel-Tec offer the PMR30 in .22lr.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    I would like to see Kel-Tec offer the PMR30 in .22lr.
    I think the closest we will get to that is the cp33
    https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/cp33/

I looks a little longer in the slide, and its a fixed barrel so you can use a suppressor on it (vs the pmr30 which you CANT put a suppressor on)

BUT remember, keltec is great at ANNOUNCING new products...but HORRIABLE at making new products!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post

BUT remember, keltec is great at ANNOUNCING new products...but HORRIABLE at making new products!
    My happiest days as a kel tec owner were the days I sold them. Their lack of care for finishing and function outweighs their innovation IMHO. I wish they would spend some more time rounding out a quality firearm rather than pushing unfinished innovative garbage.

User Info Menu

I'll say I was very impressed with the TX22 when I handled it at the NRA Convention. I am interested in hearing how reliable it is over time. May have to end up grabbing one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    My happiest days as a kel tec owner were the days I sold them. Their lack of care for finishing and function outweighs their innovation IMHO. I wish they would spend some more time rounding out a quality firearm rather than pushing unfinished innovative garbage.
    With Kel-tec it pays to be patient enough to let the initial furor of a new product release die down before buying one. More lemons get through when they are rushing production to meet high demand. After demand levels off and production catches up they seem to have fewer problems and have had plenty of time to work out any problems.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast