• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    We received a little Heritage Manufacturing 6-shot SA .22 revolver for Christmas, and it has been a lot of fun for plinking.

I’ve been thinking of picking up another one, and looking at price points, Heritage is ridiculously cheap. My question is, are there any others I should a hard look at? Am I really missing anything by not looking at anything else out there? I did see Ruger has just released their Wrangler, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    We received a little Heritage Manufacturing 6-shot SA .22 revolver for Christmas, and it has been a lot of fun for plinking.

I’ve been thinking of picking up another one, and looking at price points, Heritage is ridiculously cheap. My question is, are there any others I should a hard look at? Am I really missing anything by not looking at anything else out there? I did see Ruger has just released their Wrangler, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty excited about the wrangler.. I'm pretty sure every gun person is... that would be my answer to your question.

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I did talk to the heritage rep at the NRA show. He said you can order another cylinder for you gun for maybe $30 no timing required so you can shoot 22 mag. Also you could buy the
    birds head grips for pretty cheap as well. At the price point you are talking I think you will be well pleased with either the heritage or the ruger.

My thinking is with the wrangler coming out you might be able to get the heritage even cheaper.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a Heritage that came with both .22LR and .22Mag cylinders. It's also slightly different because it has fiber optic sights.
    It has beena fun little gun for plinking. Also helps that momma loves to plink with a .22.
    Like ao many others I am stoked about the Ruger Wrangler and will probably have to get one asap.
    My only concern is with all the excitement about the Wrangler, I wonder how long before I can get my hands on one

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I too have the heritage 22 with both cylinders. So far I've only shot it with the 22 mag cylinder. Super fun, that wrangler looks awesome too, but it's not at the top of my list.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had the Heritage Arms Western Single Action .22 LR, picked one up for $110, and sold it for the same when I picked up a Ruger.

I've had two Rugers:
    I picked up one for $275 - #325 (don't remember) with box and 2 cylinders.
    For the same price I could have bought an 8 inch barrel but no box and only the .22LR cylinder.
    If I had to do it all over again I would have bought both just to see if the 8 inch shot any better in my hands.

And the:
    Ruger "New Bearcat" Single Action 22LR Revolver
    Bought for $375 and sold for the same.
    I bought this gun at Point Blank Range and Gun Shop in Greenwood.
    I have a weakness for stainless steel, wood and 22LR guns.
    This one was a real stunner with nature/animal designs.

I discovered that for me the frame on these .22LRs were too smallish and I didn't like loading/unloading 1 round at a time.
    Not when my two other .22 revolvers (Ruger GP100 & Taurus 990) kicked out the 9 or 10 empty shells at a time! :dunno:
    I sold all my .22LR revolvers when a member sold his Dan Wesson 8 inch barrel massive tank (54 oz., I think) and all other revolvers paled in comparison.

syK60GB.jpg

7PJ10es.jpg

1hluyon.jpg

DNSuXbG.jpg
    UCGUC0rm.jpg

Jwov2Smm.jpg

rimg.php

Last edited:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    There's something about single actions, Rugers in particular. I have a Single Six, just shot it yesterday. I'll be getting a Wrangler at some point after the initial rush dies down. (Hopefully they'll have an Olive Drab cerakote version)

Keep the Heritage, but go ahead and get the Wrangler.

CoachSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2020
    Fortville
    I have a Ruger Wrangler and Heritage Rough Rider. Fit & Finish of the Ruger is nicer, but the Rough Rider out shoots the wrangler for less money, and the F&F is not bad at all. The Heritage has actually become an EDC with the .22 Mag cylinder.

09175C44-8853-44D5-BBA2-2274B700C7F8.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    About 30 years ago I bought the combo 22lr 22mag Rough Rider for $89. I believe it was a Christmas sale. I've had no problems at all with it. It's trained my children and grandchildren now my dad has it for varmint control around his place. He let's me barrow my gun when his great grandchildren want to shoot it lol.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have a Ruger Wrangler and Heritage Rough Rider. Fit & Finish of the Ruger is nicer, but the Rough Rider out shoots the wrangler for less money, and the F&F is not bad at all. The Heritage has actually become an EDC with the .22 Mag cylinder.

View attachment 92384

Hello and welcome to INGO CoachSmith. Click the link below and introduce yourself, pretty good bunch around here.

We'll have to call you CoachSmith since we already have a "Coach" here. When he's done kicking cancer's butt he'll be back to the webz again.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/

Top Bottom