• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Now I keep seeing so much love for these Czech pistols and know nothing about them. Mainly a 1911 and single action revolver man. What makes these things so great? I came close to gettin a CZ97 in 45acp one time and unfortunately the deal fell thru as it looked like a dandy. Not trying to start a debate I just want to hear from you guys that love these guns so much. Thanks!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There are three things about the CZ that set them apart in my opinion. First is the ergonomics. I know this, like everything with guns, is very subjective. But, for me, these guns just fit my hand. They point up naturally and just seem to work. Other people feel that way about other brands of guns. The Czickos feel that way about CZs. The second thing is the triggers. Not the factory triggers but the triggers after they have been upgraded and polished. Many people have a problem with spending extra money on a gun that already costs in excess of $500 but that's just the cost of admission for a really exceptional shooting gun. The third thing is the accuracy. These guns, even before upgrading the bushing, are really nice shooters with really good accuracy. Those are the things that make a CZ stand out to me. Other people will undoubtedly have other opinions and some will not like them at all. All I can say is that CZ is the best for me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My suggestion to you is to spend a little time in the Czickness threads and get to know some people in there. Then meet them at the range and shoot some of their Cajunized CZs. Then you will have a better feel about what people are speaking when they talk about CZs.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Buy one and have a cajun or Apex trigger kit installed and enjoy one of the smoothest and best shooting pistols ever made.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I don't know what is wrong with the factory triggers. Spend a summer shooting one, doing some dry fire drills and they are fine triggers without spending a dime.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know what is wrong with the factory triggers. Spend a summer shooting one, doing some dry fire drills and they are fine triggers without spending a dime.

They will smooth out with round count. It is amazing how sweet a surplus 75 feels in regards to the trigger after a few thousand rounds. But even with all of that it is no match for one that has recieved the proper love and attention in all the right places.

I am a dyed in the wool 1911 guy and I have drank the CZ koolaide. I still love the simplicity and feel of my beloved 1911's but I also see what the CZ is and can be.

As BA said it is subjective.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Other things I've heard about CZs:
    - the stock sights suck. That's pretty much a universal opinion.
    - the distance to the controls is too far. Those with short fingers don't seem to like them.
    - The slide is too small to grip. It takes a while to get used to the shorter slide.
    - The OOB trigger is very gritty.
    - The OOB trigger stacks quite a bit.
    - Some people don't like that the safety only works when the hammer is fully cocked.
    - Some people complain that holsters can be hard to find and are limited in availability.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    The 97 is a beauty, in God's own caliber. Mine is possibly the most accurate pistol I own. Maybe. Enjoy the CZ rabbit hole!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got my start with CZs back around 2009 when I was looking for a good duty grade pistol that anyone in the family could run well. I picked up 4 in pretty short order. I didn’t even know about CajunGunWorks until I met BA and Losey some time round 2012. If I was hooked before, they set that hook very deeply.

To me, the draw is the ergonomics along with the DA/SA action. On a tuned CZ, DA is fairly short and about 6#. That’s long enough and heavy enough to represent a safety for carry, yet not so long or heavy to impact first shot accuracy.

The only downside I’ve found with CZs (other than the factory sights) is that they make so dang many of them that it takes a lot of effort to collect them all. I have a small collection that does not even make a dent in the CZ catalog.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Which factory sights does everyone hate? I have always liked the sights on the omega. The rear is different than noon omega guns.

I feel like cz does things so well at the factory that cz people rag on details. In the same category you can get a basic Beretta 92, plastic trigger. God awful sights, horrible ergo(unless have mile long thumbs), horrible safety placement...

Sigs are about double the cost, and at that cost you can really trick out a cz. Again the cz is more comfortable and smaller form.

Factory sa da I'm not sure any other maker competes.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Which factory sights does everyone hate? I have always liked the sights on the omega. The rear is different than noon omega guns.

I feel like cz does things so well at the factory that cz people rag on details. In the same category you can get a basic Beretta 92, plastic trigger. God awful sights, horrible ergo(unless have mile long thumbs), horrible safety placement...

Sigs are about double the cost, and at that cost you can really trick out a cz. Again the cz is more comfortable and smaller form.

Factory sa da I'm not sure any other maker competes.

When I first got into CZs, I didn’t notice that the sights sucked much. It was not until I shot guns that had better sights and shot them better with those sights than I realized that the factory sights can be tough on old eyes with bifocals. Night Fision is coming out with sights for the 75B this year and those are now my favorites. I run those on my P07s and P10s. I can’t wait to put a set on my P01 and other 75s.

The problem I have with the factory sights is the small rear notch makes it tough for me to quickly acquire the front sight.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I have been bit by CZ bug pretty hard. In less than two months I have snagged 4 (SP01 Tactical, Rami, P10c, and P09) and ordered a Scorpion today. Once you get one you want them all.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have been bit by CZ bug pretty hard. In less than two months I have snagged 4 (SP01 Tactical, Rami, P10c, and P09) and ordered a Scorpion today. Once you get one you want them all.

Nice bunch of guns you have. I think CZ must magnetize them or something because they do tend to draw others into the collection. Over the last year or so, it’s been the P07 that has grabbed me more so than any others. It’s ironic too in that when I first saw a P07 years ago I hated the thing as an abomination for CZ to produces something that’s both plastic and ugly. It would be like if Ferrari decided to produce a mini-van. I have 3 of the things now. P10Cs were the same. A striker fired 9mm? Hell no. Zero interest in that. Then the first one I held ended up coming home with me and now there are two in the family.

Top Bottom