Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

CZ...... tell me about em!!!!

Now I keep seeing so much love for these Czech pistols and know nothing about them. Mainly a 1911 and single action revolver man. What makes these things so great? I came close to gettin a CZ97 in 45acp one time and unfortunately the deal fell thru as it looked like a dandy. Not trying to start a debate I just want to hear from you guys that love these guns so much. Thanks!!

User Info Menu

There are three things about the CZ that set them apart in my opinion. First is the ergonomics. I know this, like everything with guns, is very subjective. But, for me, these guns just fit my hand. They point up naturally and just seem to work. Other people feel that way about other brands of guns. The Czickos feel that way about CZs. The second thing is the triggers. Not the factory triggers but the triggers after they have been upgraded and polished. Many people have a problem with spending extra money on a gun that already costs in excess of $500 but that's just the cost of admission for a really exceptional shooting gun. The third thing is the accuracy. These guns, even before upgrading the bushing, are really nice shooters with really good accuracy. Those are the things that make a CZ stand out to me. Other people will undoubtedly have other opinions and some will not like them at all. All I can say is that CZ is the best for me.

User Info Menu

My suggestion to you is to spend a little time in the Czickness threads and get to know some people in there. Then meet them at the range and shoot some of their Cajunized CZs. Then you will have a better feel about what people are speaking when they talk about CZs.

User Info Menu

Buy one and have a cajun or Apex trigger kit installed and enjoy one of the smoothest and best shooting pistols ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

I don't know what is wrong with the factory triggers. Spend a summer shooting one, doing some dry fire drills and they are fine triggers without spending a dime.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    I don't know what is wrong with the factory triggers. Spend a summer shooting one, doing some dry fire drills and they are fine triggers without spending a dime.
    They will smooth out with round count. It is amazing how sweet a surplus 75 feels in regards to the trigger after a few thousand rounds. But even with all of that it is no match for one that has recieved the proper love and attention in all the right places.

I am a dyed in the wool 1911 guy and I have drank the CZ koolaide. I still love the simplicity and feel of my beloved 1911's but I also see what the CZ is and can be.

As BA said it is subjective.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I'm in Anderson also. I would be willing to let you try mine. They are nice, not as good as BA's.
    INGO # 5,667

User Info Menu

Other things I've heard about CZs:
    - the stock sights suck. That's pretty much a universal opinion.
    - the distance to the controls is too far. Those with short fingers don't seem to like them.
    - The slide is too small to grip. It takes a while to get used to the shorter slide.
    - The OOB trigger is very gritty.
    - The OOB trigger stacks quite a bit.
    - Some people don't like that the safety only works when the hammer is fully cocked.
    - Some people complain that holsters can be hard to find and are limited in availability.

User Info Menu

Sounds like I need to give them a try. Iíve always eyed the 97ís ( I love 45acp) and the CZ75 is just downright good looking!!!! Thanks guys

Plinker

User Info Menu

The 97 is a beauty, in God's own caliber. Mine is possibly the most accurate pistol I own. Maybe. Enjoy the CZ rabbit hole!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast