• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Fairly new to Sig, and have a couple of 365's.

Seeing the Gray Guns laser etched grip modules look interesting. https://grayguns.com/product/laser-sculpted-grip-modules/

I know the OEM grip modules can be purchased for less than $20, so was wondering, if anyone has a Gray Guns etched module and what their thoughts are, and if there are other options that are less than the price of the Gray Guns module, or if anyone is doing this type of work locally (Central Indiana area) if supplied an OEM grip module, etc.

Thanks in advance for thoughts on your experiences.

I like the idea of this, since it is not the serial numbered part of the firearm, and if I wanted to go back, etc its not a one and done thing.

grayguns-p365-laser-grip-mod-square-202.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I personally like the feel of the P365 so I don't know that the extra $90 would be worth it to me. That being said, I'd have a better opinion if I could compare in person.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I purchased a cerakoted, laser etched, X-carry module for my 320 at the NRA convention. I wanted the X-carry and the coyote brown color. My justification was $50 for the grip module, $100 for the cerakoting, and the laser etching for another $30. Was it worth it? I don't know, but I really like it.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I personally like the feel of the P365 so I don't know that the extra $90 would be worth it to me. That being said, I'd have a better opinion if I could compare in person.

Agreed, and same boat. I'd like a bit of texture higher up than the OEM, like these offer. If I could find someone who did this locally for a more reasonable cost, I might get one. OEM grip modules can be had for less than $20 so I wouldn't mind a bit of experimentation, since it is not messing with the serial numbered firearm.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I purchased a cerakoted, laser etched, X-carry module for my 320 at the NRA convention. I wanted the X-carry and the coyote brown color. My justification was $50 for the grip module, $100 for the cerakoting, and the laser etching for another $30. Was it worth it? I don't know, but I really like it.

Yeah, I forgot all about looking at them when I went to NRAAM. I only realized after that Gray Guns was there.

Agrv8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    The stock grip seems to have a fair amount of stipple without being overly aggressive. Of course, that’s always a personal preference.
    The price isn’t too shabby and customizes the pistol to look other than stock (I’m a fan of customization).
    If it suits you, go for it. I might consider it in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I thought the Sig 365 frame felt great, but after the purchase of the Gray Guns frame will say in my opinion worth every penny! Feels incredible and gives you an excellent grip.psyko
    gzOp8tQ.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bumping this old thread, as I finally procured a GG grip module from a fellow INGO'er. I'm really liking it. Shot it just a bit today. Also managed to pick up a 365 XL full gun, but that is also a potential grip module to play Lego's with the 365's. Next I'm going to pick up a flat trigger for my 365. I like the one on the XL, and on my X-compact.

Luckily I was able to get the GG module for a good deal, and so didn't have to second guess the cost of a new one.

On another note, I also have a new Wilson Combat 320 grip module coming for the X-Compact as Wilson just released a grip module for that model. The Wilson is quite a bit less than the GG modules, so we'll see how I like it as well.

The 365's & 320's just seem really versatile when you can switch grip modules, etc and not have to worry about anything being a permanent change with the serial numbered part.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Bumping this old thread, as I finally procured a GG grip module from a fellow INGO'er. I'm really liking it. Shot it just a bit today. Also managed to pick up a 365 XL full gun, but that is also a potential grip module to play Lego's with the 365's. Next I'm going to pick up a flat trigger for my 365. I like the one on the XL, and on my X-compact.

Luckily I was able to get the GG module for a good deal, and so didn't have to second guess the cost of a new one.

On another note, I also have a new Wilson Combat 320 grip module coming for the X-Compact as Wilson just released a grip module for that model. The Wilson is quite a bit less than the GG modules, so we'll see how I like it as well.

The 365's & 320's just seem really versatile when you can switch grip modules, etc and not have to worry about anything being a permanent change with the serial numbered part.

I'm really liking my Wilson 320 module, I added the tungsten weights for a bit of heft, I like the magwell on that module as well.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm really liking my Wilson 320 module, I added the tungsten weights for a bit of heft, I like the magwell on that module as well.

Interested to get mine for my X-Compact. Should have it later this week. I didn't order the tungsten weights. I hope I like it. I like the OEM X-Compact grip, but looking for a bit more texture, etc.

Appreciate all the info, guidance, etc you have provided so far as well.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Interested to get mine for my X-Compact. Should have it later this week. I didn't order the tungsten weights. I hope I like it. I like the OEM X-Compact grip, but looking for a bit more texture, etc.

Appreciate all the info, guidance, etc you have provided so far as well.

I just noticed they now make a shorter 15rd version they call the 'x-compact', did you order the shorter Carry II module or the 15rd module?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just noticed they now make a shorter 15rd version they call the 'x-compact', did you order the shorter Carry II module or the 15rd module?

I ordered the 15 round x-compact module.

I do see some reports on Sigtalk that some folks are stating WC simply cut down the Carry II module to accommodate the 15 round mags, rather than doing a new mold, etc, and that there are some tooling marks on the magwell and that the magwell flare is not there like it is on the Carry II. Wondering if I shouldn't have waited for a 2nd run, etc, but oh well. Hopefully it's a quality product, and they don't come out with a 2.0 model right away and put me into remorse mode.

Hopefully I'll have it on Friday.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I was pretty set on the WC module until I saw the P80 modules. I wish there was someone by me that had both so I could check them out first.

The module idea is good except I have a bunch of extra ones hanging around that I don’t use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom