What's your most enjoyable "small" gun to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    I finally got to go out to shoot yesterday since being stuck in the house recovering from surgery and it was so refreshing. I took my 2 carry guns a sccy cpx2 and a kahr cm9 out. My kahr is the most favorite of all time subcompact gun to shoot. It's ergos and trigger just make it perfect for me. Yet another range session of flawless perfection. I've owned and carried alot of smaller guns like glocks , xds, snubbies, and a shield the little cm9 is still the best shooting carry gun yet. Ive noticed that most smaller guns are great cary but hard to shoot. What's the smallest and most enjoyable gun you love to shoot?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Small guns?

P365 because it’s a small gun with a big gun level of shoot-ability and accuracy.

SW Model 60 because, for me, it’s the perfect compromise of size and weight in small CCW wheel gun.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I prefer revolvers to semi-autos, and my small revolver of choice is my .357 Ruger LCR. I do love my Smiths, but the LCR seems to have less recoil than my Smith J-frames.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Recently picked up the LCPII and thinks it's a great shooter; although I do not like the ammo prices for the .380. Next in line is my LCR 357. I actually prefer the LCPII to carry ONLY because the LCR is heavier and bulkier.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I like a small gun for pocket carry in the summer, but there's nothing fun about shooting one. I take my LCP to the range now and then to verify function and stay proficient with it, but it's a a necessary evil rather than an enjoyable experience. I got rid of a CM9 because it was so inaccurate and unpleasant to shoot.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I don't go below 9mm for carry. My Kahr CM9 is my pocket carry most of the time for a quick run to the store and such. My Diamodback DB9 is smaller and thinner and is my other pocket carry option. The trade off is the hand thumping. I enjoy shooting it, but I can't put near as many rounds through it compared to the Kahr. My wife carries a LC9s and loves it. I can shoot it fine, but it's not for me.

I have a WWII Walther PP in .32acp that is a dream to shoot (and others .32 and 9x18 that are C&R that are a joy to shoot, but they are not my carry options).

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My favs, in no particular order, are the G42, G43, and Smith & Wesson M&P 380 Shield EZ. The EZ is particularly a hoot. I also like all kinds of small .22 pistols. That EZ, btw, would probably be pretty good for arthritic hands or anyone who has trouble racking a slide, loading a mag, or who is sensitive to recoil.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    My favs, in no particular order, are the G42, G43, and Smith & Wesson M&P 380 Shield EZ. The EZ is particularly a hoot. I also like all kinds of small .22 pistols. That EZ, btw, would probably be pretty good for arthritic hands or anyone who has trouble racking a slide, loading a mag, or who is sensitive to recoil.

Have you ever had any trouble with the EZ? I looked at one, briefly, last year but never followed up on it. I went to the LPII because I have trouble racking slides; which is getting easier with break-in.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    For small guns I either carry a CZ 2075 Rami in 9mm or a S&W 442 PC in 38 Spl. The Rami is accurate as all get out and has enough heft that the recoil is manageable. The revolver is not as accurate but then again it is a snubbie.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My favorite small gun is the Polish Army P-64. I don't currently have one but I'm sure that will change in the near future.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My LCR in .327 Federal Magnum. With .32 S&W longs, it's like a .22lr. Put full house .327's in it and it a blast, literally.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My LCR in .327 Federal Magnum. With .32 S&W longs, it's like a .22lr. Put full house .327's in it and it a blast, literally.

That's something I will keep in mind. Been kicking around the idea of getting my mom a .22 because I don't think she could handle the recoil of a .38.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That's something I will keep in mind. Been kicking around the idea of getting my mom a .22 because I don't think she could handle the recoil of a .38.

Here's a little more info on the 32's. What is surprising to me is the .32 long wadcutter results.

[video=youtube_share;rz_m4M8CAe0]http://youtu.be/rz_m4M8CAe0[/video]

Top Bottom