WWII production Swedish Lahti M40 and shoulder stock legality in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrmeseeks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 19, 2017
    Bloomington
    The Swedish Husqavarna M40 Lahti has been taken off the NFA so shoulder stocks with them are considered not a short barreled rifle, but is that the same in Indiana?

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'm confused(somewhat normal) why was it on the NFA in the first place? I look at this and see a pistol so putting a stock on it would make it a SBR, Am I wrong?

Mrmeseeks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 19, 2017
    Bloomington
    i know it is not an SBR federally I want to find out about our state, do are state laws follow what the ATF puts out or are they contrary? Calling the ATF won't help as they are not concerned with state law.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've shot broomhandles with stocks both repro and original for a lot of years in a lot of places. It's not an issue if you are using a stock, provided the stock was originally designed to go on the pistol, even a reproduction stock. It's crossing the line if I made a wire folding stock and attached it to my broomhandle, but as long as the stock looks and works the way the originals were it's not considered NFA. Modern reproductions of broomhandles like the 20 shot 711 Navy arms aren't afforded the same protection. I think a test case would have to be tried to get an answer and I wouldn't want to be the first.

Top Bottom