Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Found this on FB.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/new-sig-sauer-p365-xl/

The Sig Sauer P365 XL is a larger P365 with longer slide and taller grip. It has a 12rd flush fit magazine where the standard P365 has a 12rd magazine. Out of the box it comes with a flat trigger too!

Features:

XSeries P365 Grip Module with Integrated Carry Magwell and Extended Beavertail
    Flat Trigger with a 90 Degree Break
    Optic Ready Slide Compatible with Romeo Zero and RMSc Optics
    XRay3 Day/Night Sights
    3.7” Barrel for Increased Accuracy While Retaining Concealability.
    (2) 12rd Steel Magazines

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The slide is different, and the grip is different.

Why did they give it the same model number? It's a different gun.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Haven't been a big Sig fan, but love my P365. I'd have to check one of these out, but not sure I'd like it.

I did handle one of these and would like to shoot one: P320 XCompact https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html feels like a scaled up 365, not sure it would be worth it over the 365 though. I do like the trigger, and would like to actually shoot one to try the flat trigger. I think I'd like one of these triggers in my 365.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So a P365 that’s the size of my M&P Compact 2.0? With 2 less rounds.

So not being a smart@$$ what’s the point ?

How about a super sized Shield or a Glock 26 big country?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

My guess would be the width. This would be close to the size a G48 instead of a G19 or M&P compact.

Remember, when the P365 came out, the big news was double stack capacity in a single stack frame.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Every manufacturer is trying to fill every niche in the CCW so I get the marketing objective here but...the name?

An extra large micro compact.

The P365 ergonomics seem to be well received and the "XL" should sell well but doesn't do anything for me - yet.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am in , already know what I am going to do with it too, throw a Trijicon SRO on I and get a Milt Sparks holster. Finally a 15+1 gun that is thin enough for me to be able to conceal easily and still wear my medium sized shirts I work hard to be able to fit into :rockwoot:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    This one is a no brainer for me. Same as the G48 was. Even though I HATE that Sig integrates the rear iron sight into the optics plate.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence

super sized 26... like maybe a Glock 26x with a 12rd flush magazine... seems like that would also sell well. That spot between a G26 and a G19 is desirable for some, considering some carry the 26 with an extended mag anyway. Kinda makes sense in my mind

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This one is a no brainer for me. Same as the G48 was. Even though I HATE that Sig integrates the rear iron sight into the optics plate.

Yep, I was seeing this. Does that mean the rear sight has to be removed to put an optic on it? Apologies if that is a stupid question, but just not sure why it overhangs the plate. It looks like it is that way on the Xcompact when I handled one as well.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Yep, I was seeing this. Does that mean the rear sight has to be removed to put an optic on it? Apologies if that is a stupid question, but just not sure why it overhangs the plate. It looks like it is that way on the Xcompact when I handled one as well.

Yes. Rear sight is affixed to the optics plate (just like P320 X5). Therefore, if you run and optic, you have no rear sight

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes. Rear sight is affixed to the optics plate (just like P320 X5). Therefore, if you run and optic, you have no rear sight

Ok, thought that looked like the case... well that's not a good thing. What does one do when the optic is out of commission?

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown

It depends on the optic. If you scroll down the linked page, the RomeoZero has a built in rear sight. It seems that the industry is moving away from general use to proprietary accessory designs as Sig did with the P365 rail.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It depends on the optic. If you scroll down the linked page, the RomeoZero has a built in rear sight. It seems that the industry is moving away from general use to proprietary accessory designs as Sig did with the P365 rail.

I'd rather see the industry gravitate toward some standards in this space like has been done with rails, etc rather than proprietary trying to lock you into their system.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    I'd rather see the industry gravitate toward some standards in this space like has been done with rails, etc rather than proprietary trying to lock you into their system.

I agree. However, there is big money to be made in locking people into patented designs with a critical mass of proprietary accessories. How many people end up buying Glock because of all the aftermarket stuff out there? How many people keep buying Glock because of all the stuff they bought? Even Ruger PCC and KelTec Sub 2000 ended up with the option to use Glock mags. The new Mossberg pistol is compatible with Glock 43 mags. Thompson Center is compatible with Ruger 10/22 mags. Even Sig got stung with the Romeo1 and are switching to Delta Point pattern. S&W ended the C.O.R.E. line (which I thought were great); hopefully they don't make the same mistake of going proprietary with whatever they come out with next unless it is truly revolutionary. Sig has a winner in the P365 line and are just trying to lock as much of that in while they can before the next better gotta have it feature comes along. And the wheels will keep on turning.*

* As long as Acme brand fuel is used. Any other brand fuel voids warranty, and may result in spontaneous combustion, random anvil impacts, catapult malfunction, and failure to stop rocket skates.

Top Bottom