• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Sure. I've had three over the years with my current carry being a PM9. What do you want to know?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    No experience with Kahr guns. I was always intrigued with them because I liked their single stack design. However, I could never get past the DAO trigger.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My PM9 is my constant companion. Have fired many thousand practice rounds through it and it has been 100% reliable. Yes, no failures of any kind after several thousand rounds.

It is still very tight, very accurate, and I have no complaints about the trigger.

I actually bought a Sig P365 as a replacement for the PM9 strictly for the extra couple of rounds that it holds, yet the PM9 is still in my pocket.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I have a couple of kahrs. The cm9 is my main carry. Reliable...check. Accurate enough...check. Loooong trigger pull...check. But I like them.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have 2 CM9's. I bought them because they are so small and easy to carry. I have been carrying one or the other for the past 5 years. They are extremely reliable. At the standard 21 foot distance, I would consider them accurate. I highly recommend Talon "tape" grips. I bought a Sig P365 to replace them, but for some reason, the Sig is in the safe, and the Kahr is either in my pocket or on my hip. :scratch: If you are pinching pennies get the Kahr. If not, get the Sig. One thing that is really cool, if you use leather or other soft holsters both pistols fit the same holsters. Has far as the trigger, it is very smooth, and not hard to get used to.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    If a 1911 frame and Glock grip had a love child it would be the Kahr. I personally like the ergonomics and they're usually reliable after the break in period...

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Another CM9 owner here. Bought used, never misses a beat at the range. In my pocket as I type this. It reminds me of a Mini Glock, but Stainless slide, and nylon-plastic bottom. Original owner stipled the front and grips, and added stiple where you hold on to rack the pistol. Perfect idea! Ordered a spare mag, so easy to carry in cargo shorts, using a DeSantis leather holster, with the Iwb belt clip removed. Again, perfect CCW. I sometimes add a G19-3, IWB, and retain the CM9 as weak side BUG. (both 9mm, Gold Dot 124 gr HP's). Yes, find one, or even a 40 cal? I have noticed prices on used 40 cals. dropping under 9mm prices. (I bought a Shield 40 Cal for $250, 3 mags, box with manuals, and hardley ever fired. Someone got a panic, and dumped it for something else. Their loss, my gain) Good luck.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Interesting read.
    I've always been curious about the Kahr and wanted to try one out, and when I found a price I wanted, someone would beat me to it.
    While we are talking about them, which model is recommended?

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Interesting read.
    I've always been curious about the Kahr and wanted to try one out, and when I found a price I wanted, someone would beat me to it.

I have a CW9 and it just shoots. Lately, it seems like prices are dropping. Saw a couple of CT9's under 300 on AL.
    IMHO, couldn't go wrong with either.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Interesting read.

Over the years I've had 2 CW9's and they both went back to the factory a couple of times for one reason or the other. Ended up selling them both. A few years later I gave them another shot but went with the regular P9 instead of the bargain series. It's been great with thousands of rounds through it. I've had the P9 for over a decade IIRC. There is one thing I don't care for on the Kahr pistols, at least the plastic ones. The frame guide rails are plastic, no metal insert to help prevent wear, at least on mine. Newer ones may have one, not sure.

If you ever want to check it out let me know. I don't carry it anymore since I like my PPS M2 better. Take it with you and put some rounds down range.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Kahr fanboy here. I've owned many Kahrs and I'm always an advocate for them. I trust my CM9 more than any other gun I own. If you stick to any of their 9mm variants, you should be good to go.

I just picked up a used P380 and I'm having some issues. I've bought a bunch of replacement springs to see if that works. I'm reading mixed reviews of their 380s online, so I would only buy new if going that route.

I had an extractor pop out of an older CM9 of mine. It continued to function correctly for a few mags before I noticed. Anyway, their customer service was excellent and took care of me. They also buffed/polished the rest of the gun while it was there.

The frame guide rails are plastic, no metal insert to help prevent wear, at least on mine. Newer ones may have one, not sure.

Kahrs definitely have steel rails, just not in the normal spots. If you look at the slide, you can see the additional smaller cuts where the slide meets the steel rails. One could argue Kahr has more steel than other competitors. See the attached:

P1010957.JPG

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I carried a Kahr CM-9 for years. I bought it used. I never had a malfunction with it with all kinds of ammo. The double action trigger is long, but not heavy and smooth. Not hard to adapt to especially if you have a lot of revolver trigger time. I carried it confidently until getting a Sig P 365. Although I shoot the Kahr well, I shoot the 365 better and there is the extra capacity, night sights, etc.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Owned a pair of CW9s. Worked fine. Expensive mags. Loong trigger pull, with full-length reset.

Sold them both when the G43 came out for the better Glock trigger (imho).

Top Bottom