Light weight 9mm with cool attachments suggestions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ganier14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I am looking for suggestions on a lightweight 9mm with new types of attachments that can be added easily. Preferably 20+ shot clip standard. Something easy to carry also. I was looking at a FN 509 but I’m being told their are better and newer types out there. What suggestions does anyone have. Thanks

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What do you mean by attachments? Tons of pistols have a rail to attach a light or laser. You can also look for models with slides cut for a red dot.

ETA: Are you planning to carry this? Probably not going to find many "lightweight" guns that are 20+ rounds.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    DlvbjlF.jpg

Ganier14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2019
    Indianapolis
    What do you mean by attachments? Tons of pistols have a rail to attach a light or laser. You can also look for models with slides cut for a red dot.

ETA: Are you planning to carry this? Probably not going to find many "lightweight" guns that are 20+ rounds.

i am new to the gun range. I have a FN five-seven but it’s a bigger pistol and more expensive for ammo. I like glocks but they are typically heavy for a 9mm and to carry. I do like subcompact but I hate having to reload at the range often. Any other suggestions.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I am looking for suggestions on a lightweight 9mm with new types of attachments that can be added easily. Preferably 20+ shot [STRIKE]clip[/STRIKE] magazine standard. Something easy to carry also. I was looking at a FN 509 but I’m being told their are better and newer types out there. What suggestions does anyone have. Thanks

FYI, there is a difference between magazine and a clip.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    i am new to the gun range. I have a FN five-seven but it’s a bigger pistol and more expensive for ammo. I like glocks but they are typically heavy for a 9mm and to carry. I do like subcompact but I hate having to reload at the range often. Any other suggestions.

Out of curiosity, which Glocks do you consider heavy? Aren’t most of them within an ounce or two of their lightest competitors?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

A glock shouldn't be heavier than most options and it'd be lighter than a lot. However not just Glock but, CZ, S&W and the list goes on for lightweight polymer 9mm pistols.
    However, light weight and a minimum of a 20 round capacity mag don't really go hand in hand as it adds a lot of weight. If you want a full size pistol and would be willing to look at 17+ you've got some more options. Or if you'd drop to 15 round mags you'll save even more weight and have even more options open up. Are you worried about capacity for the range or weight/size when carrying? I also don't know what you mean by attachments, but adding a light or dot to most modern pistols is no problem.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    As others said, 20 rounds is the limiting factor unless you use extended baseplates. I know of two popular guns that have 19 round factory magazines +1 in the chamber gets you 20. Both made by CZ. Both 9mm.

CZ P-09 is hammer-fired, polymer frame with 19 round flush-fit magazine. CZ P-10F is striker-fired, polymer frame with 19 round flush-fit magazine. Both have picatinny rails.
    The P-10F comes in an optics-ready version which has a slide cut for mounting red dots. Both the P-09 and P-10F come in a suppressor-ready version, difference being a threaded barrel and higher suppressor-height iron sights from the factory.

Both can be found sub-$400 if you wait for the right deal.

Ganier14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2019
    Indianapolis

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Buy more mags, load them at home. Problem solved.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    G19 is likely the gun most "accessorizable" gun out there. On top of being the most likely encountered among other carriers and retailers.

You can easily and economically make the G19 into whatever you want. If you don't permanently molest it too badly, you can also resell it for a reasonably high % of your initial investment, especially if you bought it used to start with.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I meant magazine. I’m sorry I’m new to this. Just trying to see what suggestions are out there for someone like myself. Google brings up thousands and I can’t get opinions as much.

No problem. May I ask what this pistol will be for?
    How much experience/training do/have you had?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Buy more mags, load them at home. Problem solved.

This was going to be my suggestion too. Personally I think everyone should have a minimum of 10 mags for every pistol they own. More is better.

Also with a Glock 26/19/17 you have the option of using the 33 round mags. Great for the range, but can even be carried as a spare reload for EDC. Not super practical, but doable.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Not sure about attachment aspect but 15 round mags are now available for the sig p365
    That's about as light as you can get for 15 rounds

Top Bottom