• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I've never had a reliability issue with them but I did have one disassemble on me when I dropped it for a reload in a match.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was using the Ghost extensions for my Glock 43 that came with additional higher power/longer springs and used the factory base plates. They seemed fine, though I will admit I did not run them as much as I run my Glock 19 mags.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are the Glock OEM +2 mag extensions worth using?, would they compromise reliability?.

I've seen several "speed unloads" from Glocks during matches (where the base plate fails and the contents and guts of the magazines drop on the ground). Each and every time it was a Glock OEM +2 extension. Before alternatives were common, you could read dozens of reports of the same on GlockTalk and other forums.

Since there are several very sturdy, very reliable alternatives, I would not use the Glock extensions. Go with Dawson, Taylor Freelance, Taran Tactical, Arredondo, etc. if you want to add more rounds.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Early Glock part #1967 (+) bases were more prevalent to releasing, in the early 90's Glock started the baby Glocks and part #7151 (+) bottom with ^ wedge shaped insert.
    I use them with my Glock-27 EDC, or Glock-26 Range buddy with no issues.
    Anything can and will fail sometimes.
    I have never had an issue using them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Early Glock part #1967 (+) bases were more prevalent to releasing, in the early 90's Glock started the baby Glocks and part #7151 (+) bottom with ^ wedge shaped insert.
    I use them with my Glock-27 EDC, or Glock-26 Range buddy with no issues.
    Anything can and will fail sometimes.
    I have never had an issue using them.

I was unaware of an updated part! That's probably why we don't hear much about speed unloading with them anymore.

Top Bottom