Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 278 of 497 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 288 328 378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 4970

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I got a pack of watch parts today and have my old Seiko “Baby Arnie” working decently again. It’s lacking a bit in the LCD area but the movement has been running for a couple of weeks now accurately. I added a good quality band and replaced the seals.

This is the watch that I was wearing when my 30 year old son was born. I bought this in the Travis AFB BX in 1983 or 1984.
    OH WOW!! A true classic man. Its wonderful!!!!
    I love watches. I often remember what watch i was wearing on special occarions or trips. Watches are like guns and underwear to me. Very personal and why would a person ever leave home withiut them all?
    I specifically choose which watch im going to wear daily. Yeah I have favorites I wear often but I chose to.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    OH WOW!! A true classic man. Its wonderful!!!!
    I love watches. I often remember what watch i was wearing on special occarions or trips. Watches are like guns and underwear to me. Very personal and why would a person ever leave home withiut them all?
    I specifically choose which watch im going to wear daily. Yeah I have favorites I wear often but I chose to.
    The watch that I was wearing when I got married is up next. It’s not so much of a classic as this one was but it’s an older Seiko dress watch that my then fiancée bought for me. This is a bit more of a challenge in that the band is really fit well to the watch but has a broken clasp. The clasp on these are not available and the one I ordered is not a great fit. The band is just a tad too thick but I’ll figure it out somehow.

Between 10/22s and playing with watches, I’m in a very different place this year than before. I’m really digging the whole watch thing though.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

The watch that I was wearing when I got married is up next. It’s not so much of a classic as this one was but it’s an older Seiko dress watch that my then fiancée bought for me. This is a bit more of a challenge in that the band is really fit well to the watch but has a broken clasp. The clasp on these are not available and the one I ordered is not a great fit. The band is just a tad too thick but I’ll figure it out somehow.

Between 10/22s and playing with watches, I’m in a very different place this year than before. I’m really digging the whole watch thing though.
    If you ever want any custom leather bands made i have a guy overseas I use. Hes made me bands from all types of leather including stingray, ostrich, aligator, cow hide, ect. Very awesome.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    If you ever want any custom leather bands made i have a guy overseas I use. Hes made me bands from all types of leather including stingray, ostrich, aligator, cow hide, ect. Very awesome.
    If I cannot fix the band on this dress watch, I might give that option a try. Thanks.

User Info Menu

If I cannot fix the band on this dress watch, I might give that option a try. Thanks.
    No problem. Some watches just never look right with aftermarket ones so thats why sometimes Ill have them made. But its also a way to make a watch take on a whole new persona. Its fun to accesorize!! (Jazz hands
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I got a pack of watch parts today and have my old Seiko “Baby Arnie” working decently again. It’s lacking a bit in the LCD area but the movement has been running for a couple of weeks now accurately. I added a good quality band and replaced the seals.

This is the watch that I was wearing when my 30 year old son was born. I bought this in the Travis AFB BX in 1983 or 1984.
    That piece is priceless my friend.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hey?! IT guys! Why do computer systems only crash when you are working on a tight timeframe? You all plan that???
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    That piece is priceless my friend.
    It is. Wearing it is like spending time with an old friend.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    Hey?! IT guys! Why do computer systems only crash when you are working on a tight timeframe? You all plan that???
    We do. It takes some time to get it right but when setup properly a system becomes unstable as the user stress level rises.

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

We do. It takes some time to get it right but when setup properly a system becomes unstable as the user stress level rises.
    I always suspected that and I do sincerely appreciate the honesty.

One day, “you people” will rule the world with the flip of a virtual switch.

Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.