Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 353 of 497 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 363 403 453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4970

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Yep same here. Family would be even worse to deal with I think than strangers
    Houses are selling fast because there's a shortage of houses for sale. Shouldn't take too long for either of us
    Probably makes it harder to deliver a knuckle sandwich !

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    I do not miss our rentals. Not one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    ...I have a family member who just had to take a rental property down to the studs and basicly rebuild the house because the last tenants ruined it. Unreal. I never seen anything like it.
    We have a very nice mobile home park with 2 apartments upstairs in the office/community building. We do not own or rent mobile homes.

We do have to take possession of a home on occasion when the owners have been evicted and abandon the home. In these cases it is not unusual for what was a nice home on purchase to be destroyed in a couple of years to the point that our only viable option is to spend several thousand $'s to tear it apart and haul off the pieces.

Overall it is a profitable business. Due to the current high valuation of mobile home parks we are currently looking into selling.

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

I was forced to rent out my home in Indiana when I moved to Minnesota back in 98. I rented to a cousin of one of my friends and that turned out to be horrid. My Dad then found me someone to manage the property for me, after I'd had to pay two mortgages for about 6 months. It cost too much, but was better than continuing to pay two mortgages or sell the house and lose money (it didn't appreciate much). After a rotating list of short term renters over a couple years, we finally had one stay. She ended up buying the place and we had to jump though hoops to make it happen, but I was VERY glad to be done with it at the end of that. Would never EVER consider renting again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
    Is your friend still making good progress, Carlos ?
    Thank you for asking. He's doing better every day. Just the other day he was pedaling on a stationary bike thingy for 20 minutes under his own power.

The unfortunate part of all of this is the insurance game. There is a strong possibility he will run out of time at the rehab center and the family will have to pay out of pocket for future rehab or do it themselves. If you click on the GoFundMe link in my signature you can see the latest update from his son. They are very frustrated right now with the insurance company and all the BS. It's very disheartening.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    I was forced to rent out my home in Indiana when I moved to Minnesota back in 98. I rented to a cousin of one of my friends and that turned out to be horrid. My Dad then found me someone to manage the property for me, after I'd had to pay two mortgages for about 6 months. It cost too much, but was better than continuing to pay two mortgages or sell the house and lose money (it didn't appreciate much). After a rotating list of short term renters over a couple years, we finally had one stay. She ended up buying the place and we had to jump though hoops to make it happen, but I was VERY glad to be done with it at the end of that. Would never EVER consider renting again.
    We sold off several when the market hit the skids. Sold in blocks to rental companys. Those houses are still rentals as far as we can tell.
    The last 5 were sold to the tenants on contract. Over time they have all bought them. Mortgaged or just paid them off. Those family's were our best tenants and were rewarded when we got out of that insanity. We made some money but the work and the stress was insane.

Typical call.....11:30 PM.

Tenant.....My porch light it out. You need to get over here and change it.

Me still half asleep....what...???

Tenant....you heard me I need my porch light fixed and while you are here I have 2 lamps that need bulbs.

Me, now wide awake.....*WHAT*
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Thank you for asking. He's doing better every day. Just the other day he was pedaling on a stationary bike thingy for 20 minutes under his own power.

The unfortunate part of all of this is the insurance game. There is a strong possibility he will run out of time at the rehab center and the family will have to pay out of pocket for future rehab or do it themselves. If you click on the GoFundMe link in my signature you can see the latest update from his son. They are very frustrated right now with the insurance company and all the BS. It's very disheartening.
    I call Big Pharma, the medical industry and insurance industry the Axis of Evil. Between those three groups (plus bought and paid for lobbyists and politicians) they have our system so screwed up I despair it will ever be fixed. It is way too costly to have necessary work done, period, end of story.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    We sold off several when the market hit the skids. Sold in blocks to rental companys. Those houses are still rentals as far as we can tell.
    The last 5 were sold to the tenants on contract. Over time they have all bought them. Mortgaged or just paid them off. Those family's were our best tenants and were rewarded when we got out of that insanity. We made some money but the work and the stress was insane.

Typical call.....11:30 PM.

Tenant.....My porch light it out. You need to get over here and change it.

Me still half asleep....what...???

Tenant....you heard me I need my porch light fixed and while you are here I have 2 lamps that need bulbs.

Me, now wide awake.....*WHAT*
    Yup.

The lady we sold the house to thought she had us over a barrel because we were so desperate to get the place sold. After we had everything signed and had paid ~$5k in our future profits on getting her into a program to qualify for the purchase, she sent us a list of things she wanted fixed before she would purchase the house. There was probably $10k worth of stuff on the list. I told the guy managing the property where she could stick that list. I told her that should have been brought up previously and that she could buy it as is or go pound sand. She bought the house...

User Info Menu

I call Big Pharma, the medical industry and insurance industry the Axis of Evil. Between those three groups (plus bought and paid for lobbyists and politicians) they have our system so screwed up I despair it will ever be fixed. It is way too costly to have necessary work done, period, end of story.
    Who would have thought we'd be spending over 6% of what we make to pay for our healthcare? There is a butt load of fraud, waste, and waste caused by over regulation that would save billions. Insurance and doc's need to be forced to compete for our business. Insurance needs to compete across state lines. Doc's must post prices where you can see them like McDonalds.

You're right WT. It's a screwed up system.

On a lighter note, good morning to one and all. You've about convinced me not to rent the north house when Barb moves south. The cash flow would be nice, but I don't think Barb could stand to see someone tear this place up.

Good day here so far. in and 2 male house sparrows and a juvenile starling down.
    Just call me lollipop.

User Info Menu

Morning patience sir...

User Info Menu

Morning patience sir...

Hideho, Neighbor!
    Just call me lollipop.