Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 426 of 497 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 436 476 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4970

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    I was watching some geese and ducks swim across the pond last night. So much better than watching thugs with saggy pants wonder past my house
    Exactly. Although sometimes I miss the calming sound of bass thumping and rattling my windows...it was like a white noise that helped me sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    You might be correct. It as a very nice shotgun. I got it on the cheap as it had a scary issue. Break it open, load it and when you closed it the gun would fire. Owner was a buddy of mine. He shot the bottom of his front door out and put shot into the door of his car. Broke one of his fingers. Scared him pretty badly. He shelved the gun for years. I asked about it when we were all talking about the incident and he let hem have it for some paltry amount that escapes me.

I took it apart. It was pretty icky in the ignition controls. When I delved deeper into the back story it seems he loaned it to his boss to go goose hunting or some such. They were in a boat. Birds flew over and he stood up to aim, touched off both barrels and went into the drink. He did not tell my buddy for a while and the gun was never torn down and cleaned. One of the firing pins was frozen in the fired position. It would hit the primer when you closed the action. Scary gun. I spent a couple of solid evenings getting it fixed.
    Ouch! That would really wake a fellow up, closing the gun into battery and having it go off at the same time.

I've hunted turkey and various unwanted varmints with an SP-10 for years, with that much lead it's sudden death in one shot. You're right though it's large and heavy, does seem more like field artillery than a shotgun.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Ouch! That would really wake a fellow up, closing the gun into battery and having it go off at the same time.

I've hunted turkey and various unwanted varmints with an SP-10 for years, with that much lead it's sudden death in one shot. You're right though it's large and heavy, does seem more like field artillery than a shotgun.
    Yes sir. When I would swing it up and bring it to bear on a target I was reminded of the old "Victory" at sea series looking down the top of a 16" turret mounted gun. Touching off a 10G is a wow experience.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Yes sir. When I would swing it up and bring it to bear on a target I was reminded of the old "Victory" at sea series looking down the top of a 16" turret mounted gun. Touching off a 10G is a wow experience.
    10g SBS is even more of an experience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    Exactly. Although sometimes I miss the calming sound of bass thumping and rattling my windows...it was like a white noise that helped me sleep.
    LOL
    Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country. - President John F. Kennedy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Love it. Over my budget for land sadly.
    Also too much for my body to take care of. I think around 7-10 wooded acres is gonna be max for me.
    Jagee you should buy it. Ill chip in a few bucks. Seriously, I have like 3 bucks on me I'll donate. 'DIBS' on the biggest squirrel
    Dang, for the price of that land, I'd love to pitch in for 10-15 acres and leave it open for use. Kinda like a cz community landshare.. lol but it's too far south for me.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    10g SBS is even more of an experience.
    That gun is now much shorter. Just at the legal length. And yes it is a freaking hoot to touch off. Chez has done it.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

That gun is now much shorter. Just at the legal length. And yes it is a freaking hoot to touch off. Chez has done it.
    Most of us had a go at that one a couple of SGE’s back. It was a hoot.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    Dang, for the price of that land, I'd love to pitch in for 10-15 acres and leave it open for use. Kinda like a cz community landshare.. lol but it's too far south for me.
    1hr 20 mins from the new house. Ideally I will buy something within an hour of me. Probably wont be this year the way things are going.

User Info Menu

I shot it at some point after it was cut. Guy told me it was NFA'ed as an SBS. Paragon shoot, maybe.