• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Just purchased a new LCP II and went to the range.

At 7 yds, using a 5.5" Shoot n See target, I was consistently shooting about 6" low, but it patterned well. Just approx. 3" below the target edge.
    I also shot my Bersa 380 and was pretty much inside the target all the time.
    (Without a doubt, the LCP II is more snappy and with the pinky hanging, a bit less to hang on to.)

Is this common for the LCP II to shoot low? Should I expect better with time or does the gun need some attention? I didn't know quite what to expect. (A buddy said I could just aim at the perps belly button if you want to ruin their love life!)

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I seem to recall reading something similar to this somewhere, but don’t recall where. I suggest you have someone else shoot it to see if they have similar results.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    No problems with mine other than its a little small to get use to. Practice, practice, practice as its not a target gun.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Even though the sights are not adjustable, what you can do is get a bottle of bright orange nail polish at the local dollar store and paint the front sight offset a little bit high/low left/right, and then aim using only the orange part centered between the rear sights to help manipulate shot placement.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    That is the very same reason I got rid of my LCP.
    It was just a bit to small to get a good hold.
    It would be better at being a 22lr.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    I am considering sending this LCP II to Ruger as I cannot put 6 rounds inside a 5.5" Shoot n See target at 5 yards, let alone 7 yards. My Bersa .380ACP and Glock 19 can do so easily. I have run over 100 rounds thru it and it seems no better.
    I've seen many reviews where groups of approx. 3" or less are routine at 7 yards.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I am considering sending this LCP II to Ruger as I cannot put 6 rounds inside a 5.5" Shoot n See target at 5 yards, let alone 7 yards. My Bersa .380ACP and Glock 19 can do so easily. I have run over 100 rounds thru it and it seems no better.
    I've seen many reviews where groups of approx. 3" or less are routine at 7 yards.

Have you had anyone else (preferably someone used to small guns and (no offense intended) a better shot than you) see what they can do with it.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    No offense taken. I consider myself a respectable shot (aren't we all), but this is my first "mouse gun". That was going to be my next plan of action before sending it in to Ruger.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    No problems with mine at the distances you mentioned. Maybe try different ammo. Just a suggestion to help diagnose the problem. My fallback is always that guns are mechanical devices that are produced in large numbers. That being said, I never rule out production issues.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Practice, practice, practice is in order after sampling a bit of humble pie.

Went to the range this morning and had a buddy that I trust give the LCP2 a try. At just over 7 yards, he put all 6 rounds inside the Shoot n See - about a 4" group. He normally shoots a 45ACP full size.

I told him it was love hate: He proved the gun was okay, but I need a lot more range practice (Been too long, obviously), especially with this new mouse gun. Now I have a good reason to start reloading 380ACP :)
    I am relieved I don't have a lemon gun to contend with.

Thanks for all suggestions. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom