Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Ruger LCP II question for owners

Just purchased a new LCP II and went to the range.

At 7 yds, using a 5.5" Shoot n See target, I was consistently shooting about 6" low, but it patterned well. Just approx. 3" below the target edge.
    I also shot my Bersa 380 and was pretty much inside the target all the time.
    (Without a doubt, the LCP II is more snappy and with the pinky hanging, a bit less to hang on to.)

Is this common for the LCP II to shoot low? Should I expect better with time or does the gun need some attention? I didn't know quite what to expect. (A buddy said I could just aim at the perps belly button if you want to ruin their love life!)
    NRA Life Member

Plinker

User Info Menu

I seem to recall reading something similar to this somewhere, but donít recall where. I suggest you have someone else shoot it to see if they have similar results.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Mine shoots to point of aim at 7 yards from what I recall.

User Info Menu

My FIL's did the same thing but his went left. I don't know if he ever sent it back or not.

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/h...-way-left.html

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

No problems with mine other than its a little small to get use to. Practice, practice, practice as its not a target gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I'd have mag-dumped on that mother****er. And then curbstomped the corpse.

User Info Menu

Even though the sights are not adjustable, what you can do is get a bottle of bright orange nail polish at the local dollar store and paint the front sight offset a little bit high/low left/right, and then aim using only the orange part centered between the rear sights to help manipulate shot placement.

Plinker

User Info Menu

My lcpII shoots better than my XDS out to 10 yards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expert

User Info Menu

That is the very same reason I got rid of my LCP.
    It was just a bit to small to get a good hold.
    It would be better at being a 22lr.

User Info Menu

Mine shoots fine.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

User Info Menu

I am considering sending this LCP II to Ruger as I cannot put 6 rounds inside a 5.5" Shoot n See target at 5 yards, let alone 7 yards. My Bersa .380ACP and Glock 19 can do so easily. I have run over 100 rounds thru it and it seems no better.
    I've seen many reviews where groups of approx. 3" or less are routine at 7 yards.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast