• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Sig Sauer 2022 from a member here while back and finally made it to the range with it, along with some friends.
    I did 20', 30' & 40' on a rest and free hand.
    I was mostly comparing the Sig 2022 to the CZ P-07, but there were other 9mms that I had with me.

Here are some pics of the Sig 2022: the 1st two are of the one I bought and the others are online pics.
    ugit5NL.jpg
    TlEtTMJ.jpg

FKRtCoX.jpg
    Zt2NUvB.jpg

VzJE4er.jpg

20' with the Top tow in a rest and the middle and bottom two free hand.
    I was surprised how well the little Shield 2.0 did along with the others.
    iZbSE4F.jpg

30' with the top two and the middle target on a rest and the bottom two free hand.
    The CZ SP-01 was such a pleasure to shoot, and of course, was in a higher class than the others.
    jEEKolY.jpg

40' with all shot from a rest.
    Stepped up the grains form 115 to 147.
    zggWN5j.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congratulations on the 2022, glad you like it.
    I have the 9mm, the .40 S&W and a .357 Sig conversion barrel for the .40. Love them all.

:wow: Someone is a Sig fan!

It is just impossible for me to trim any of the 9mms that I have now (love them all), especially when it comes to a CZ, since I wish I could have kept every one of them I've owned, but decisions have to be made.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I have a couple of Sig 9mms - a P239 and P226. Debating on keeping or selling. Just added a Glock 48 to the 9mm collection and shot it for the first time last weekend. Also have a Smith Shield 1.0 . Might try shooting the Glock at Camp Perry this July.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple of Sig 9mms - a P239 and P226. Debating on keeping or selling. Just added a Glock 48 to the 9mm collection and shot it for the first time last weekend. Also have a Smith Shield 1.0 . Might try shooting the Glock at Camp Perry this July.

A P226, isn't that the one the navy seals use? Nice! :thumbsup:
    I would love to shoot a Legion sometime and find out if I'm missing anything.
    The guy I bought the 2022 from bought a Legion and that is why he sold his 2022: a whole other level of goodness. :ar15:

I had a Shield 1.0 longer than I'd had any other CC, but sold it when I got the Sig 365, which I sold and intended to buy another with a manual safety, but I might not bother with that now b/c.
    I loved how accurate was for as small as it is, but have figured out for a CC it doesn't need to have range-toy accuracy.
    I had to try out a Shield 2.0 recently, and I was impressed on how accurate it is, and I still have it.
    It competes with another Ruger subcompact for which to keep long-term.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    A P226, isn't that the one the navy seals use? Nice! :thumbsup:

Yeah the Seals did use some version of the P226 . Mine is a 2012 E2 grip version which does fit my hand pretty well for a double stack. I am debating on a P365 myself - a shop over in Ohio has one on their rental inventory and I "need" to head over test it out.

I like my Shield 1.0 except I wish it has the grip texture of my Shield 45. Now the 2.0 9mms have the same grip texture. I tried the Talon rubber grip and later the Hogue slip on. I have not even fired it with the Hogue. I may just pick up the 2.0 Shield if I decide not to get a P365.

Shortly after getting the P226 I shot this at 25 yards with my Hornady XTP reloads. That was when I could still see open sights clearly. I am going to try the P226 at 50 yards to see how it compares to my Springfield Range Officer 1911. Of course I will have to use a Burris Fastfire III.

View attachment 77652

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah the Seals did use some version of the P226 . Mine is a 2012 E2 grip version which does fit my hand pretty well for a double stack. I am debating on a P365 myself - a shop over in Ohio has one on their rental inventory and I "need" to head over test it out.

I like my Shield 1.0 except I wish it has the grip texture of my Shield 45. Now the 2.0 9mms have the same grip texture. I tried the Talon rubber grip and later the Hogue slip on. I have not even fired it with the Hogue. I may just pick up the 2.0 Shield if I decide not to get a P365.

Shortly after getting the P226 I shot this at 25 yards with my Hornady XTP reloads. That was when I could still see open sights clearly. I am going to try the P226 at 50 yards to see how it compares to my Springfield Range Officer 1911. Of course I will have to use a Burris Fastfire III.

View attachment 77652

The Shield 2.0 is a nice gun. I have one. I carry the 365, having moved from a Glock 43, and thought I was going to move to the Shield that I got a great deal on, until I shot the 365.

There is also a long slide version of the 365 coming out as well, though it holds no interest for me.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

View attachment 77652

25 yards!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:
    I barely shoot that well at 30 feet, maybe at 40', but never at 50' (16.7 yards). :dunno:
    Thanks for posting the pic. :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I didn't know where to put my musings over the Sig 2022 compared to a Sig 320 compact, since I didn't want to start a new thread, so here it is.

I bought the 2022 a couple of weeks ago and now there is a 320 for sale for $350 in the Classifieds and I have wondered about it.
    I bought a Beretta off the seller Sunday, not realizing he had the Sig 320 for sale also.

I was at Point Blank in Greenwood handling both of them to see/feel the difference.
    Both seemed to be the same grip feel with only a tad of difference, don't even remember which was a hair "fuller."

But, the trigger on the striker-fired 320 was mighty fine! :)
    The trigger on the hammer-fired 2022 seemed "rickety" in comparison (part of the "rickety" was the how the hammer acted).
    There was alot more "play/travel" in the 2022 trigger. :(
    I'm no trigger snob, but if I can tell a great difference in a trigger: there is a great difference! :laugh:
    I'd love to shoot a 320 to see if that sweeter trigger translates into any better groups for me.
    In the past I would have just bought it, taken both to the range and found out, and sold the "loser."
    I am trying to behave myself.

In a private conversation someone had mentioned to just keep what I had since it shot well for me and had a hammer that I like and a safety or decocker (not remember), plus it had the D/A 1st pull that I liked also.
    Price seems awfully good at $350 so it does call to me in my weakness. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am enjoying the Sig 2022 very much, even the "dark earth" color.
    Really going to be hard to decide which to keep of what I have left.
    Sold the CZ P-07 since I have two other CZs, and am enjoying having a Sig.
    I do wonder if the Sig 320 in the Classifieds would be a better keeper than this 2022, but busy with other things right now.

Here is a range pic today at 30' & 40' in a rest and free hand:
    hkIJsZ3.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    If you are enjoying the 2022 you might be better off keeping it for now.

I have a couple of Sig 9mms that I have contemplated selling or trading and a Shield 1.0 . My 1997 P239 was my main defensive handgun for a long time. My 2012 P226 was bought just before my eyesight started to make it difficult to see the sights well. The P239 has a nice crisp single action trigger where the P226 SA is kind of mushy. I did try a 50 yard target with the P226 last weekend and it showed some signs of being reasonably accurate at that distance. I was using a Burris Fastfire III on it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm still looking for a better gun than my 2022 but so far haven't had any luck. It's by far my favorite.

Good to know! Especially when I held a 320 in my hand (along with the 2022) and it felt great, and dry-fired better.
    But, I do really enjoy the 2022 in all regards.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    30' on a rest. 1 or 2 of these 9mm need to be sold, but I'm having a hard time picking one.
    Some days it's the Sig 2022, but I love the feel of it, and some days it's the Bersa TPR9, but for a small gun it has great capacity, and a hammer, and metal.
    Not a matter of accuracy, they all shoot about the same on a rest here, but it all went south mostly at 20' 2-hand down further.
    k8jyoR2.jpg

20' 2-hand. I don't think I've ever shot so poorly??? The Bersa (#2) is bizarre.
    hOUwqlt.jpg

20' Same as above but I added 5 more rounds per target.
    Bersa shot the same. Totally puzzled.
    pk7RCHn.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good news, bad news.
    Sold the Sig 2022, but bought a Sig P250 D/A b/c it was a great value here in the Classifieds & I've not had many Sigs.
    Hard to make progress on trimming the safe, especially when you find Sig Sauers for the price of Rugers & S/Ws. :laugh:

I read of people complaining of a too long of a pull and too heavy of a pull on the 250.
    Nonsense! The pull was sooo smooth: I was surprised after reading the critics.

2KFHJLN.jpg

Range pics for the Sig 250 today.
    It shoots low and to the right, but I learned to compensate.
    I probably shouldn't buy any gun w/o adjustable rear sights, but some I want to try don't come with them.

30'
    Wq4UgCi.jpg

20' & 12'. I had to learn to shoot to the left & to align my 3 dots up by putting the front dot above the rear dots instead of a straight line across.
    Good enough for close work, but not for the range; the Sig 2022 was a better shooter, as expected.
    9rn5RUr.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another few rounds through the Sig P250 D/A only.

20' & 30' & 40'
    Shooting 2-hand (no rest).
    I'm not doing very well with it.
    If I had adjustable rear sights it would help.
    nkrWlnJ.jpg

mikew773

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Kokomo
    I'm still looking for a better gun than my 2022 but so far haven't had any luck. It's by far my favorite.

I bought my SP2022 in 2009. I also own a P320, a PPQ M2, a VP9, and an M&P with an Apex trigger. All of the guns are accurate and reliable but the SP2022 is by far my favorite too. The reason it's my favorite is that I tend to shoot it more accurately than the other guns. Can't explain why I'm more accurate with it, but I am. Because of that, it's the gun that I take to the range and shoot the most. It's also the gun I keep ready for home defense.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought my SP2022 in 2009. I also own a P320, a PPQ M2, a VP9, and an M&P with an Apex trigger. All of the guns are accurate and reliable but the SP2022 is by far my favorite too. The reason it's my favorite is that I tend to shoot it more accurately than the other guns. Can't explain why I'm more accurate with it, but I am. Because of that, it's the gun that I take to the range and shoot the most. It's also the gun I keep ready for home defense.

I've wondered whether a 320 would shoot more accurately than the 250, but I read on a Sig forum that others have had issues with them shooting too low on the Sigs, the 250 & 320 I remember being mentioned, & I don't remember if there were other models mentioned.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another range time with the Sig 250.
    I'm still shooting a little low and to the right.
    I'm glad to have had this Sig Sauer since I haven't had but this 250 & and the 2022, but it doesn't do anything any better than what I have, so won't keep it.
    SP3eYwI.jpg

Top Bottom