Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Sig Sauer 2022 & other 9mms at the range

I bought a Sig Sauer 2022 from a member here while back and finally made it to the range with it, along with some friends.
    I did 20', 30' & 40' on a rest and free hand.
    I was mostly comparing the Sig 2022 to the CZ P-07, but there were other 9mms that I had with me.

Here are some pics of the Sig 2022: the 1st two are of the one I bought and the others are online pics.

20' with the Top tow in a rest and the middle and bottom two free hand.
    I was surprised how well the little Shield 2.0 did along with the others.

30' with the top two and the middle target on a rest and the bottom two free hand.
    The CZ SP-01 was such a pleasure to shoot, and of course, was in a higher class than the others.

40' with all shot from a rest.
    Stepped up the grains form 115 to 147.

User Info Menu

Congratulations on the 2022, glad you like it.

I have the 9mm, the .40 S&W and a .357 Sig conversion barrel for the .40. Love them all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by White Squirrel View Post
    Congratulations on the 2022, glad you like it.
    I have the 9mm, the .40 S&W and a .357 Sig conversion barrel for the .40. Love them all.
    Someone is a Sig fan!

It is just impossible for me to trim any of the 9mms that I have now (love them all), especially when it comes to a CZ, since I wish I could have kept every one of them I've owned, but decisions have to be made.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a couple of Sig 9mms - a P239 and P226. Debating on keeping or selling. Just added a Glock 48 to the 9mm collection and shot it for the first time last weekend. Also have a Smith Shield 1.0 . Might try shooting the Glock at Camp Perry this July.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 700 LTR 223 View Post
    I have a couple of Sig 9mms - a P239 and P226. Debating on keeping or selling. Just added a Glock 48 to the 9mm collection and shot it for the first time last weekend. Also have a Smith Shield 1.0 . Might try shooting the Glock at Camp Perry this July.

A P226, isn't that the one the navy seals use? Nice!
    I would love to shoot a Legion sometime and find out if I'm missing anything.
    The guy I bought the 2022 from bought a Legion and that is why he sold his 2022: a whole other level of goodness.

I had a Shield 1.0 longer than I'd had any other CC, but sold it when I got the Sig 365, which I sold and intended to buy another with a manual safety, but I might not bother with that now b/c.
    I loved how accurate was for as small as it is, but have figured out for a CC it doesn't need to have range-toy accuracy.
    I had to try out a Shield 2.0 recently, and I was impressed on how accurate it is, and I still have it.
    It competes with another Ruger subcompact for which to keep long-term.

Plinker

User Info Menu

A P226, isn't that the one the navy seals use? Nice!
    Yeah the Seals did use some version of the P226 . Mine is a 2012 E2 grip version which does fit my hand pretty well for a double stack. I am debating on a P365 myself - a shop over in Ohio has one on their rental inventory and I "need" to head over test it out.

I like my Shield 1.0 except I wish it has the grip texture of my Shield 45. Now the 2.0 9mms have the same grip texture. I tried the Talon rubber grip and later the Hogue slip on. I have not even fired it with the Hogue. I may just pick up the 2.0 Shield if I decide not to get a P365.

Shortly after getting the P226 I shot this at 25 yards with my Hornady XTP reloads. That was when I could still see open sights clearly. I am going to try the P226 at 50 yards to see how it compares to my Springfield Range Officer 1911. Of course I will have to use a Burris Fastfire III.

P226 E2.jpg

User Info Menu

Yeah the Seals did use some version of the P226 . Mine is a 2012 E2 grip version which does fit my hand pretty well for a double stack. I am debating on a P365 myself - a shop over in Ohio has one on their rental inventory and I "need" to head over test it out.

I like my Shield 1.0 except I wish it has the grip texture of my Shield 45. Now the 2.0 9mms have the same grip texture. I tried the Talon rubber grip and later the Hogue slip on. I have not even fired it with the Hogue. I may just pick up the 2.0 Shield if I decide not to get a P365.

Shortly after getting the P226 I shot this at 25 yards with my Hornady XTP reloads. That was when I could still see open sights clearly. I am going to try the P226 at 50 yards to see how it compares to my Springfield Range Officer 1911. Of course I will have to use a Burris Fastfire III.

P226 E2.jpg
    The Shield 2.0 is a nice gun. I have one. I carry the 365, having moved from a Glock 43, and thought I was going to move to the Shield that I got a great deal on, until I shot the 365.

There is also a long slide version of the 365 coming out as well, though it holds no interest for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

P226 E2.jpg

25 yards!!!!!!!!!!!
    I barely shoot that well at 30 feet, maybe at 40', but never at 50' (16.7 yards).
    Thanks for posting the pic.

User Info Menu

I didn't know where to put my musings over the Sig 2022 compared to a Sig 320 compact, since I didn't want to start a new thread, so here it is.

I bought the 2022 a couple of weeks ago and now there is a 320 for sale for $350 in the Classifieds and I have wondered about it.
    I bought a Beretta off the seller Sunday, not realizing he had the Sig 320 for sale also.

I was at Point Blank in Greenwood handling both of them to see/feel the difference.
    Both seemed to be the same grip feel with only a tad of difference, don't even remember which was a hair "fuller."

But, the trigger on the striker-fired 320 was mighty fine!
    The trigger on the hammer-fired 2022 seemed "rickety" in comparison (part of the "rickety" was the how the hammer acted).
    There was alot more "play/travel" in the 2022 trigger.
    I'm no trigger snob, but if I can tell a great difference in a trigger: there is a great difference!
    I'd love to shoot a 320 to see if that sweeter trigger translates into any better groups for me.
    In the past I would have just bought it, taken both to the range and found out, and sold the "loser."
    I am trying to behave myself.

In a private conversation someone had mentioned to just keep what I had since it shot well for me and had a hammer that I like and a safety or decocker (not remember), plus it had the D/A 1st pull that I liked also.
    Price seems awfully good at $350 so it does call to me in my weakness.

User Info Menu

I am enjoying the Sig 2022 very much, even the "dark earth" color.
    Really going to be hard to decide which to keep of what I have left.
    Sold the CZ P-07 since I have two other CZs, and am enjoying having a Sig.
    I do wonder if the Sig 320 in the Classifieds would be a better keeper than this 2022, but busy with other things right now.

Here is a range pic today at 30' & 40' in a rest and free hand:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast