Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mill Spec 1911

wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

Mill Spec 1911

Would like to get one. Would prefer Made in the U S. As much as I can not stand the Politics of Springfield Armory. I am having a hard time not picking up one of the Defender 1911's

Any other suggestions?

User Info Menu

Dan Wesson 1911A2
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Iíll second the A2 recommendation. Also, if you can find one used, the CZ 1911A1 it a very good mil-spec 1911. Itís built by Dan Wesson and is Dan Wesson quality.

A basic Colt can be had for a reasonable sum but the quality is hit and miss. Both of my Colts have needed some parts to bring them up my expectations to get rid of stuff like a sloppy barrel bushing fit, plastic MSH and poorly fit sear. One has a very loose slide fit but if you are just looking for a fun shooter, they are worth considering. IIRC, I paid about $690 for the full size 9mm I bought.

For what itís worth though, the CZ 1911 cost about $50 more but is a better gun by every single measure.
    Ď88 (aka Ď88, the mad scientist)

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

My love for Springfield has come to a sad end. I will never again push the brand.
    That said buying a used one will in no way impact the company finances. There are so many well kept and low round count MilSpecs floating around out there. And the market is soft.

But I to say DW.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Would like to get one. Would prefer Made in the U S. As much as I can not stand the Politics of Springfield Armory. I am having a hard time not picking up one of the Defender 1911's

Any other suggestions?
    If by Mil-Spec you mean a 1911 that looks GI then the Defenders a pretty good option. Others have been recommending the DW A2 which is nice but it is no way near a GI configuration, it has novak style sights, extended thumb safety, beavertail, and some kind of wonky looking hammer. They are good values for the money though.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Seen a "Mil-Spec" (Even says it on the slide) Springfield (New) at Jerry's Gun Shop in Rensselaer yesterday for Rock Island Price. Around $ 450.oo ......

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Let it sit. Springfield hasn't come close to understanding what American shooters think of their recent hijinks. The market needs to make an example of them.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Let it sit. Springfield hasn't come close to understanding what American shooters think of their recent hijinks. The market needs to make an example of them.
    Gun Shop Guy says they dropped their prices lately. What are they doing to anger everyone???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post

Yes, please elaborate. I too have not heard of what Springfield has been doing but would like to. Thanks.
    You canít fix stupid

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by El-Cigarro View Post
    Gun Shop Guy says they dropped their prices lately. What are they doing to anger everyone???
    They had to drop them. The market is not favoring them. The politics they have played is not faring well for them. The CS I and a few others have received has not been the top shelf treatment of old.

I am on record as a huge fan of the marque. Until now. Never ever ever will I buy another new Springer offering of any type. Used possibly. Used does zip nada for the corporate bottom line.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast