Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

I'm with rvb, the quality of some stuff can be an issue. You also may try some other sights. I know of some KAC sights that had windage maxed completely out to barely be zeroed, and those can generally be considered quality sights.

User Info Menu

I would start at the hand guard being off. Loosen it and use a carry handle or something to bridge the gap between upper and hand guard then tighten it up good and retry.

If still no go something is out of spec or tolerance stacking issues possible.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

User Info Menu

If the barrel is not trued to the receiver then you will want to use this tool:

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod20220.aspx

I use this on all my AR builds just to ensure that the bore is true to the receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDN-JLWhGU
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    If the barrel is not trued to the receiver then you will want to use this tool:

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod20220.aspx

I use this on all my AR builds just to ensure that the bore is true to the receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDN-JLWhGU
    Awesome info and I'll order one.

Plinker

User Info Menu

1st of a few follow ups.
    Thanks for all the advice.
    Hand guards are free float. Front sight is on rail.
    Checked rails for straightness. Ensured proper sight adjustment. Will rezero this weekend with another set of iron sights and maybe an optic. Thanks and more to follow.

Plinker

User Info Menu

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
    After some range time found the culprit to be a bad BUIS. I have three sets of these sights and never an issue except for this one. I removed it and installed a Ruger BUIS was 6 clicks off of zero. I'm so happy my AR Pistol is accurate, zeroed, and ready for a reflex/holographic sight. Thanks to all the input and looking forward to future threads.

User Info Menu

I just love a story with a happy ending!

OK, usually I say that sarcastically when a Darwin Award candidate has demonstrated their fitness for the award, or something of the like. In this case I'm glad OP figured out the issue and shared the solution with the group.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wmbraswell2 View Post
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
    After some range time found the culprit to be a bad BUIS. I have three sets of these sights and never an issue except for this one. I removed it and installed a Ruger BUIS was 6 clicks off of zero. I'm so happy my AR Pistol is accurate, zeroed, and ready for a reflex/holographic sight. Thanks to all the input and looking forward to future threads.
    Thanks for the update, happy to hear you figured it out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wmbraswell2 View Post
    After some range time found the culprit to be a bad BUIS.
    I'm curious...

Bad in what way?
    Or just swapped for a different one and Majik!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rosejm View Post
    I'm curious...

Bad in what way?
    Or just swapped for a different one and Majik!
    Appearance and function seem to be as the others. I swapped the BUIS out with a Ruger BUIS and with rear aperture centered rounds were 6 clicks off bullseye. Other sight was maxed out and still needed about 10 more clicks. The brand was Ozark Tactical which is a Veteran owned business. I believe I just for a bad one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast