Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

AR-15 shooting right

I have a built AR-15 pistol with 7.5 inch barrel that is shooting 12 inches right. It groups fine and with sights fully adjusted it still is 12 inches to the right. Any ideas?

User Info Menu

What Sight/sights are you using? What distance are you zeroing at?

Expert

User Info Menu

If it's a pinned front sight or gas block, you need to whap the **** out of it with a rubber mallet to rotate the block against the pins. True story.
    President's Hundred
    A2 Service Rifle High Master XC
    Distinguished Rifleman
    1,000 yd A2 Service Rifle Expert
    Incessant Tinkerer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wmbraswell2 View Post
    I have a built AR-15 pistol with 7.5 inch barrel that is shooting 12 inches right. It groups fine and with sights fully adjusted it still is 12 inches to the right. Any ideas?
    Make sure your sights are adjusted in the correct direction.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by masterdekoy View Post
    What Sight/sights are you using? What distance are you zeroing at?
    I have tried 2 different sets of sights both flip up. Shooting at 50 yards. The rear sight is maxed out to the left and the group is 12 inches to the right.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Free float barrel with low pro gas block. Flip up front and rear sight. Groups good just 12 inches to the right with the rear sight mechanically maxed out to the left. I've heard that the crown may be the issue idk.

JHB
    Plinker

User Info Menu

If the front sight is on the hand guard the hand guard could be on crooked or the barrel nut is bad. Front sight on the barrel the uppers bore to face could be off sight not installed perpendicular or the barrel is bad.

Picks and more info would help.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm going to remove barrel and inspect then reassemble on another upper to eliminate mounting fitment issues. I feel it is either barrel crown, upper to barrel nut fitment, or bad barrel. I've only shot it at 50yds. It does group but is off right as stated. Also may try another barrel on existing upper. I have options just all involve some sweat equity. Thanks for all the replies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by natdscott View Post
    If it's a pinned front sight or gas block, you need to whap the **** out of it with a rubber mallet to rotate the block against the pins. True story.
    Or is that to rotate the bbl and front sight together, at the bbl extension?

Put it on a hard chair (protect the chair though), sit on the thing and run a wooden dowel through FSB and give it a pop.

rvb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wmbraswell2 View Post
    Free float barrel with low pro gas block. Flip up front and rear sight.
    Good quality sights? Got others you can try??

What type of handguards? Sounds like the FS is mounted on the HGs? Are you SURE you installed the HGs straight? break out some straight edges and squares.

I had a sh***y set of HGs once that mounted so sloppily with hand pressure I could move the zero around many inches....

-rvb
    Last edited by rvb; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:27.
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast