• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    So as the title suggests I'm in the market for a single stack 9 conceal carry gun. What is everybody out there carry? I'm looking at the shield 2.0 and the Springfield xds model 2 right now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I really love my 4" XDs in 9mm. The ability to run a flush fit 7 Rd mag or extended 8 or 9 Rd mags is great. With the 9 Rd mag, it turns into a full size gun.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    There is no “best.” People have different wants and needs. Go fondle and shoot as many as you can.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    No best as there are many factors in what works "best" for a given person. Size. Shape. Fashion style. Profession. Training. Locations frequented. They all play a role in carry gun selection.

I carry a Shield OWB with an untucked shirt. All be the very aware will not notice I am carrying a firearm.

However, i am experimenting with carrying my CZ P10-C. I would like to get down to one gun to do it all and if I can handle carrying the P10-C, that gun will do everything else I would do with a handgun.

I suspect that a few more will notice that, but I still bet the majority of people won't. But I also have to get used to the increased weight of the P10-C loaded with 7 more rounds than my Shield.

The Shield virtually disappears.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I'm a Glock shooter by trade, so I went with a G43X recently and am very happy with it. It fits my needs (slim profile with a full four finger grip) perfectly and it's a breeze to carry, especially AIWB. A Walther PPS M2 and Shield were on my shortlist, but went with the Glock due to familiarity and feel.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    A similar thread I started not too long ago. I ended up going with the Walther PPS M2 in a ForgedTec IWB holster on a Hanks belt.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...are_tid=468584&share_fid=2003869&share_type=t
    2322c2b824878eb83a82803f9b1a8f9c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I liked the xds when I tried it, but greatly preferred the xde. It is a little taller, but I really like the long da trigger compared to the striker.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Lots of good choices. However skill set is more important than the logo. Get ammo, get training, get practice and get good with everything. Then the gun will pick you.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If I were in the market today it'd be a hard choice between the Glock 48 or the Sig P365...even though it's not a single-stack. It is, however, just as thin as one with more capacity. AND there are 15 round mags for it now...

But I make due with a Shield as my main carry gun. Right now I have too many holsters & mags for it to make a switch a wise financial decision. Not to mention the rounds downrange adding to the software.

Top Bottom