• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Something happen to me recently that made reevaluate my CCW, I found myself in a large public place without my full size CCW and was not a good feeling. As much as I wood like to carry my full size in real life I can become too heavy but with that said I'm not fan of the very small pistols due to my own skill, for my a small pistol past 7 yds can be very difficult to put rounds on target in a situation of self defense and that is not something I take lightly. So after a lot of research decided on a G48 as in my opinion is a good compromise on concealment and how well I can shoot it, I carried half a day today and it does make a difference to me (weight and overall size). I shot a G43X in the past and was able to shoot decently so I expect to shoot the 48 just a tad better, I did put a Ghost edge connector and will change the sights but decide if go with night sights or FO. I'm looking forward to my first range trip but I expect good results based on previous experiences with the 43X, I did practice some draws from concealment and think that under stress the overall size of the 48 don't change much how quick is the draw. A good holster is the key so I invest on a DSG IWB and with a little adjustments the draw is smooth, time and practice will tell how effective I can be with this set up but for now I think is a winner.

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I just picked up my first new Glock ever - a G48 - not long ago with the intention of possibly firing it at Camp Perry next month. It is definitely a light gun for the size. It is a fairly accurate shooter as well. Good luck with your first range visit.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm not a big 9mm fan, but I have held the Glock 48 and it does have a nice feel to it.
    I believe it has the same dimensions as a Glock 19, except thinner and holds 10 rounds.
    Weight-wise, it was also quite comfortable for EDC.
    I'd like to shoot one...

dchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    Walkerton
    *big reader... not a big poster*

I absolutely love my 48. For me, it can meet many different needs.

I've got a 19, 42 and 43 as well.

A few buddies of mine are also looking into the 48 as an option as they are typically 1911 carriers and liken it to a striker-fired 1911.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    If I was needing a new polymer single stack 9mm pistol, I would definitely look at the GLOCK 48.

The one I fondled felt very good, I just don't need to buy a new carry semi auto at the moment. Sadly.........

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Put some more rounds through mine today. Still love it. I’ll love it even more when taran comes out with some baseplates.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    If I didn’t have a shield then I’d probably go with a 48. Just can’t stand the front serrations.

I have both and also not a fan of the front serrations on the G48. I might either trade the Shield on the newer 2.0 version or get a Sig P365. I shot the G48 again last weekend - nice shooting pistol.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had the chance to put a few rounds through my 48 yesterday and everything went well, the majority of rounds were fmj but also test function some of my carry ammo. I did shoot the 48 a little better than the 43X but for defensive purposes is plenty accurate and with more practice even better, I did installed a Ghost edge connector and Vickers sights and in my opinion was money well spent. I really like the size and weight for carry purposes vs G19 or G45, the grip does need some texture as my hands sweat a lot and it can get slippery when it's hot (like yesterday). At this point I'm quite happy that I went with the 48 for many reasons reliability, ease of maintenance, parts availability, holster availability, etc. The best thing is I'm confident that it is a superb self defense tool that can potentially save my life and or protect my family and that itself has no price.

Top Bottom