• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I've been saving up for a CZ pistol and see where a new PCR is available for purchase. But now, I just noticed the CZ P-01 and am wondering if I shouldn't consider that option as well. I can't see much difference between the two models. The only differences I can see are:

1. Rear sight is "snag free" on the PCR.
    2. PCR has loaded chamber indicator
    3. P-01 is a fraction of an ounce heavier
    4. P-01 has a light rail on the dust cover

It seems like for there to be a completely different model designation P-01 vs 75, there should be more differences than just those. Is there something more to it that I'm not seeing?

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I have had both and you are correct that they are very similar. However, for me, the PCR carries better, shoots better and has better balance. I still have the PCR as my EDC, but sold the P-01 because it really had no place in my line up. I would encourage you to handle both before you decide. Both are fine pistols and your personal take on it is what counts most.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Amongst the differences you’ve noted, the PCR and P-01s are both aluminum framed and both have decockers. The 75 Compact is a steel frame and utilizes a safety.

Overall, the PCR and P-01 are very similar. I prefer the balance of the PCR, weight isn’t much different but it balances differently.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CZ naming conventions often make little sense and many times have more to do with how many extra slides they might have roll marked a certain way.

Consider the 99021 as compared to the P01. The P01 is an aluminum framed decocker style pistol with a rail. The 99021 was a short run of steel framed, safety style compacts with a rail. They are different pistols and were marketed as the P01 and 75B Railed Compact. Then, CZ made the 99041 which is identical to the 99021 except for it having the P01 roll marks on the slide. So it too is called a P01.

I think that it really is a case of CZ sometimes cleaning house and assembling pistols out of large project overrun parts and then just calling them whatever was on the slide. The US market will absorb as many as they can make, and having odd combinations sometimes drives the desire up.

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have both. The P-01 was my first CZ and started my affliction with being a huge fan. The PCR is a bit of a unicorn, hard to come by, and I finally was able to get my hands on one last year. Much as I thoroughly enjoy the P-01, I'd largely tend to agree with favoring the PCR as others upthread have mentioned. Even though I prefer the PCR, the P-01 won't leave my possession.

And, if you act quick, like RIGHT NOW, you can get the PCR for one of the best online prices I've ever seen. I've always had excellent luck with Grab-A-Gun. If you're remotely interested do not hesitate, go grab your CC and click the link below:

https://grabagun.com/cz-75-comp-pcr-9mm-3-9-lw-dl-2-14rd.html

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have both. The P-01 was my first CZ and started my affliction with being a huge fan. The PCR is a bit of a unicorn, hard to come by, and I finally was able to get my hands on one last year. Much as I thoroughly enjoy the P-01, I'd largely tend to agree with favoring the PCR as others upthread have mentioned. Even though I prefer the PCR, the P-01 won't leave my possession.

And, if you act quick, like RIGHT NOW, you can get the PCR for one of the best online prices I've ever seen. I've always had excellent luck with Grab-A-Gun. If you're remotely interested do not hesitate, go grab your CC and click the link below:

Interesting: I've not had the PCR.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    Thanks for the info and the link. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom