• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Just sold my EDC and am looking for something new...stopped in a local shop and the Glock 43X caught my attention...Anyone have any real world or hands on experience with one? I've watched a few reviews and everything seems favorable, but just wondering if there are any good or bad points about it I should know?? Never owned a Glock although I am familiar with their reputation, but nothing beats actual experience....Thanks for any input...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have a 43 (not an X) . I'm really happy with it. No issues with it after a year.
    I seem to be carrying it more and more. Goes bang every time, and supper easy to carry. In the waistband it disappears

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I have a 43X with Ameriglo night sights. It is one of my favorite handguns due to the fit and feel of it in my hand, and it’s carryability. I carry AIWB with a spare mag next to it, at a slight angle towards my left shoulder (right handed). I opted for a 43X due to the shorter barrel to carry AIWB, versus my G19. I can carry either, but due to the shorter barrel and thinner profile, the 43X disappears, not to mention the reduction in weight due to five less rounds in the gun and the spare magazine.

I have medium sized hands, and one of my preferences is a full four-finger grip on my handguns. I much prefer the 43X over the G26/27, even with an extended magazine. The grip length for me is perfect, and the capacity and barrel length are the same between the baby Glock and the 43X. Overall, in my opinion, it is a much nicer carry than G26/27/19/23-sized pistol. That being said, it does feel to be more of a defensive pistol rather than a “fighting pistol”, like the G19 feels, but I attribute this to my proficiency and history of carrying a G19 or G26 off duty. All that being said, I do not feel “undergunned,” but I do sometimes feel like I need two spare mags, and wish they’d make some good extensions or hi-caps soon. Maybe it’s because my previous EDC was a G19 (16 rounds) with a spare 22-round mag (38 rounds total). Since I’ve had a change in jobs, 21 rounds of 9mm feels adequate.

Physical changes to the gun gun that I want: smoother trigger shoe and stippling (I’m spoiled). Due to the smaller grip (but not as small as a G43, which was TOO small for me,) it’s easier to get too choked up in/on the trigger. It’s a pleasure to shoot with the expected amount of recoil due to weight and barrel length, but some time behind it would smooth it out, in addition to a better trigger shoe.

I really enjoy mine, but If it’s your first Glock, put some time behind it, use the trigger reset and realize it may be snappier than it‘s big brothers.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I like the regular 43. It shoots good for me and is a joy to carry. Like any other Glock it runs and takes abuse without issues. Keep your eye on the used market.

The 43x to me defeats the porpose.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Rented one at the range a couple weeks ago and put 100 rounds through it. I didn’t dislike it but for some reason it felt even more tupperwareish than usual for a Glock. I haven’t shot any gen 5 guns but I was shooting a 19x at the same time and the 43x was far more rough around the edges as far as the trigger and smoothness of cycling. Didn’t have any issues and it was Glock accurate so nothing new there. I may go back and give it another go to see if anything has changed with what should be a higher round count.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I rented one and shot three magazines with it. I really did not like the grip on it. It's not that I don't like Glocks, I have a Glock 17, but I really did not like that Glock.

Right now my carry gun is an M&P Shield 9mm to gice you an idea of what I do like.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Between wife, daughter and myself we all have Glocks, 34, 43 and 43x. The 34 is for comp and completely customized, my wife has the 43 with after market trigger and mag extension, I carry the 43x, sold my M&P Shield to get the 43x. Fits my had better then the Shield or the 43, I really like it, shoots well and carry's well. My only complaint is the mushy Glock trigger which I will mod at some point, other them that I really like it.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Thanks for all the input everyone...since its a fairly new offering, prices are about the same everywhere I look...trying to hold out for a little while and see if the price point comes down any...trouble is, I have no patience...decisions, decisions….

Last edited:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had a G43X and it's a great gun, I didn't put that many rounds through but I didn't experience any malfunctions with it including some of my carry ammo. While is a great CCW I opted to sell it and got a G48 that is a little bigger but that is what I like, I think that the G43X and the G48 are excellent options and with just a connector the trigger is great for CCW role.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    UPDATE...So I called the local range and they had a 43X available to rent so I did. Put 150 rounds through it and to be honest I was not impressed. I am not the best shot in the world but i can keep a sight picture....It consistently shot about 3 to 4" to the left...maybe since its a range gun or maybe not....recoil was kind of heavy which was expected...The way I was holding it, after the first 50 or so rounds, the bottom of my palm was starting to get sensitive, not from the recoil but more the way the magazine sat in my palm...I decided this wasn't the one for me...it did shoot well overall, but just not something I am interested in....

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    UPDATE...So I called the local range and they had a 43X available to rent so I did. Put 150 rounds through it and to be honest I was not impressed. I am not the best shot in the world but i can keep a sight picture....It consistently shot about 3 to 4" to the left...maybe since its a range gun or maybe not....recoil was kind of heavy which was expected...The way I was holding it, after the first 50 or so rounds, the bottom of my palm was starting to get sensitive, not from the recoil but more the way the magazine sat in my palm...I decided this wasn't the one for me...it did shoot well overall, but just not something I am interested in....

So give us some info on what you had before for an EDC, what qualities are most important to you, and perhaps we can suggest something else.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After years . . . OK . . . decades of M17 use, finally went with smaller Glock. Heard about coming 43X from a national gun 'riter (I swim in those circles, I'm kinda a big deal) and got one early.

Liked it so much that I bought spare.

We have many good choices. The Glock M43X is a solid one.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I've fired both and preferred the 48, it just felt more balanced to me. I thought they wouldn't be as snappy as a 43 but I really didn't notice much difference recoil wise. They both feel very good in the hand and I had no accuracy issues with either.
    I shot a 48 that was ported like a 19c and I have to say that would be my choice for a small carry gun if I wanted something small. Porting really calmed it down and actually made it fun to shoot just as it does on a 19c.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    So give us some info on what you had before for an EDC, what qualities are most important to you, and perhaps we can suggest something else.

I have had a couple of EDC's in the last year...XD 3" subcompact which was ok but a little bulky for concealment, Shield 2.0...liked it fine but prefer 10 or more rounds and prefer stainless so my wife inherited it....I would like something relatively thin with 10 or more rounds in stainless....I know the stainless thing is pretty picky but its what I prefer, but if everything else was in line, I could live without that...I wear bifocals so I need something with a fairly easy to acquire sight picture...so far I have preferred three dot sights and normally paint the front sight red or green....that's a start anyway...any suggestions on what I should check out???? Thanks

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have had a couple of EDC's in the last year...XD 3" subcompact which was ok but a little bulky for concealment, Shield 2.0...liked it fine but prefer 10 or more rounds and prefer stainless so my wife inherited it....I would like something relatively thin with 10 or more rounds in stainless....I know the stainless thing is pretty picky but its what I prefer, but if everything else was in line, I could live without that...I wear bifocals so I need something with a fairly easy to acquire sight picture...so far I have preferred three dot sights and normally paint the front sight red or green....that's a start anyway...any suggestions on what I should check out???? Thanks

I'm thinking Sig P365 for what you describe. And while it has a finish applied, the slide is stainless.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’d also recommend trying a P365. I don’t own one but have shot them and came away impressed. Right now though, I’m hung up on the P938s otherwise I’d probably have a P365.

The P938 is a nice choice but it’s expensive and has limited capacity (7+1).

There’s a new P10S coming out but they are extremely scarce right now. It’s a hair bigger than a G26 but fits most G26 leather.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I run a 43 with a peirce +1 extension and a tlr-6 light. I carry 3-4 o’clock IWB. Always ran double stack glocks until I got the 43 and it’s what I carry 95% of the time.

rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I like the P365 MS, although some do not like a safety, just a little extra protection, and not intrusive. But the Glocks do not need a safety with the trigger setup, as I have carried them off and on for years.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Or for less $$ get the G43 and use quality mag extenders for the longer grip and two extra rounds. The mags for the 43 are easier to find also.

Not less once you factor in night sights, I don't believe, and I have replaced the sights on any Glock I have ever carried. The x-ray sights on the Sig are nice sights.

365 12 round (and now 15 round) mags are not that expensive if you look just a bit (Osage County Guns has some good prices on them). They are not Glock mag cheap, but they are not too bad either.

I sold both of my 43's and went to the 365. I just shoot the 365 better and the capacity doesn't hurt either.

Top Bottom