• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Plinker, range toy, gun to train new shooters, all of the above. Single action .22 S/L/LR six shooter, 6.5 barrel, sticker said $179.99.

JdYOa1e.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've got the same one along with the .22 mag cylinder. It's fun, especially with 22 shorts. Just make sure to clean out the cylinder good so the lr's can go in easy.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    When I was looking at getting one of these, I was very tempted by the case hardened ones that Fort Liberty had. Instead I ended up getting:

IMG_0405.jpg

I've had mine out to the range, and it is a fun range toy.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When I was looking at getting one of these, I was very tempted by the case hardened ones that Fort Liberty had. Instead I ended up getting:

View attachment 77986

I've had mine out to the range, and it is a fun range toy.
    Your nose art grips really dress it up. My wife was with me when I got it. I told Doug when I was looking at earlier she'd say "get the pretty one." She did. Actually I wanted the case-hardened look and that was the only one with the long barrel so it worked out. The voice in my head saying "for the price difference you can buy a lot of .22LR" didn't prevail.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    That is why I got the Nose Art grip gun instead, I liked the grips better. I just wasn't fond of the grips on the case hardened guns. Again, like I said, for a range toy the Heritage is tons of fun, I like it a lot.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We took this shooting yesterday. We maybe put about 70 rounds through it. On the last cylinder, it was loaded an ready to go and I heard something hit the ground. I looked down and saw a little screw. I picked it up and unloaded it. One of the screws that hold the grip frame/trigger guard on had just fell out. I packed it up and brought it home.

This morning I got it out to look at it. I put a screw driver on each screw I could find. Some were tight but 3 were a little loose. Loose enough to tighten up with just two fingers. So I'm pulling all of them one at a time and adding a bit of blue thread locker. I've also heard of the cylinder removal pin(?) coming unscrewed.

I've had this for a little over a year. I doubt it has 300 rounds through it yet.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We took this shooting yesterday. We maybe put about 70 rounds through it. On the last cylinder, it was loaded an ready to go and I heard something hit the ground. I looked down and saw a little screw. I picked it up and unloaded it. One of the screws that hold the grip frame/trigger guard on had just fell out. I packed it up and brought it home.

This morning I got it out to look at it. I put a screw driver on each screw I could find. Some were tight but 3 were a little loose. Loose enough to tighten up with just two fingers. So I'm pulling all of them one at a time and adding a bit of blue thread locker. I've also heard of the cylinder removal pin(?) coming unscrewed.

I've had this for a little over a year. I doubt it has 300 rounds through it yet.

Several folks were going to say something but it is always awkward trying to tell someone they have a screw loose.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Thanks for sharing BT. Mine is going to the range Wednesday, I’ll check everything prior to going.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a Rough Rider, and so does my brother.
    Right now we're trying to work out a date to get the families together at our other brothers house for a shoot-out at his home range.

I recently bought a .22lr/mag dueling tree and I'm looking forward to watching the nieces and nephews go at that dueling tree with the Rough Riders.
    We also have matching 10/22's, a couple of Chiappa 1911's in .22lr, a pair of Kel-Tec PMR30's, and I even have a pair of .22lr lever action rifles I'd like to try on the tree.

I enjoy shooting the single-actions.
    Makes you pay attention.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Bought this sometime back and added the 22 mag cylinder from eBay for cheaper than what the factory wanted along with a holster from Home Depot that was shipped cheaper than any I’d found. Nothing but cheap fun.

20190615_184248.jpg

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Took the new toy to Parabellum this evening. Fun to shoot, almost no recoil, quiet. Definitely a range toy and trainer.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Screw fell out? I could be a gun snob and point out my Ruger Single Six hasn't had any issues but then I would have to tell you how the sight screw fell out of my Ruger LC9 and I had to ask Ruger CS for a new one...so it happens. Glad you've got a good plinker now.

Top Bottom