Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

New Range Toy: Heritage Mfg .22LR

Plinker, range toy, gun to train new shooters, all of the above. Single action .22 S/L/LR six shooter, 6.5 barrel, sticker said $179.99.

INGOer #25,448

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

I've got the same one along with the .22 mag cylinder. It's fun, especially with 22 shorts. Just make sure to clean out the cylinder good so the lr's can go in easy.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

When I was looking at getting one of these, I was very tempted by the case hardened ones that Fort Liberty had. Instead I ended up getting:

IMG_0405.jpg

I've had mine out to the range, and it is a fun range toy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    When I was looking at getting one of these, I was very tempted by the case hardened ones that Fort Liberty had. Instead I ended up getting:

IMG_0405.jpg

I've had mine out to the range, and it is a fun range toy.
    Your nose art grips really dress it up. My wife was with me when I got it. I told Doug when I was looking at earlier she'd say "get the pretty one." She did. Actually I wanted the case-hardened look and that was the only one with the long barrel so it worked out. The voice in my head saying "for the price difference you can buy a lot of .22LR" didn't prevail.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

That is why I got the Nose Art grip gun instead, I liked the grips better. I just wasn't fond of the grips on the case hardened guns. Again, like I said, for a range toy the Heritage is tons of fun, I like it a lot.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

The little shopkeeper model with the birds head grips is way cool.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

We took this shooting yesterday. We maybe put about 70 rounds through it. On the last cylinder, it was loaded an ready to go and I heard something hit the ground. I looked down and saw a little screw. I picked it up and unloaded it. One of the screws that hold the grip frame/trigger guard on had just fell out. I packed it up and brought it home.

This morning I got it out to look at it. I put a screw driver on each screw I could find. Some were tight but 3 were a little loose. Loose enough to tighten up with just two fingers. So I'm pulling all of them one at a time and adding a bit of blue thread locker. I've also heard of the cylinder removal pin(?) coming unscrewed.

I've had this for a little over a year. I doubt it has 300 rounds through it yet.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    We took this shooting yesterday. We maybe put about 70 rounds through it. On the last cylinder, it was loaded an ready to go and I heard something hit the ground. I looked down and saw a little screw. I picked it up and unloaded it. One of the screws that hold the grip frame/trigger guard on had just fell out. I packed it up and brought it home.

This morning I got it out to look at it. I put a screw driver on each screw I could find. Some were tight but 3 were a little loose. Loose enough to tighten up with just two fingers. So I'm pulling all of them one at a time and adding a bit of blue thread locker. I've also heard of the cylinder removal pin(?) coming unscrewed.

I've had this for a little over a year. I doubt it has 300 rounds through it yet.
    Several folks were going to say something but it is always awkward trying to tell someone they have a screw loose.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post

Thanks for sharing BT. Mine is going to the range Wednesday, Ill check everything prior to going.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

I have an older one that needed blue loctite on every screw. Once that was done It's been great as a trainer and range gun.
    Warning! Driver carries MORE than $20 in ammunition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast