• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I stopped by Point blank in Carmel today and rented the new Faxon Hellfire compact handgun 9mm, I have been intrigued by builds like that but I couldn't really compare them to an actual Glock so I took it for a spin. The price is somewhere in the $1500.00 range and in my opinion is not worth the price tag, for some reason I can shoot my stock G17 gen 5 way better that than the Hellfire. In my case skill seem to be a lot more important than hardware, I have had the opportunity to shoot quite a few handguns in the last few months and I have come to the conclusion that training and proper trigger control makes a huge difference vs trigger jobs or very expensive handguns. I do have quality handguns and enjoy them very much but at the end of the day i can shoot some of my less expensive handguns just as good if not better than some costing almost three times as much, with that said I was thinking about getting a Agency arms Glock and I'm going to pass and stick to my almost stock Glock's with a lot of ammo instead. I'm on my second gen 5 Glock and so far they have been great with only a connector and sights, maybe an MOS Glock in the near future.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am the same way pretty much. I have been chasing guns for several years when I should have stuck with the first one I bought and practiced and trained with it. By now, I would be fairly proficient with it.

I have tried them all and owned most of them. :)

Now I have a CZ P10C that I am trying to commit to. I really like it and even though it bugs my trigger finger I'm treating it like learning how to play a guitar and will work on toughening up the finger.

I really like everything else about it and it could easily be my "do it all" pistol. I have to resist the urge to try something else...again.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I am the same way pretty much. I have been chasing guns for several years when I should have stuck with the first one I bought and practiced and trained with it. By now, I would be fairly proficient with it.

I have tried them all and owned most of them. :)

Now I have a CZ P10C that I am trying to commit to. I really like it and even though it bugs my trigger finger I'm treating it like learning how to play a guitar and will work on toughening up the finger.

I really like everything else about it and it could easily be my "do it all" pistol. I have to resist the urge to try something else...again.

"Trying to commit" almost sounds like learning to submit. I'm not that familiar with the P10 but likening the trigger issue to playing a guitar would have me "committed" to trying something else. Update... I handled a P10C today at SPB and if you are talking about the narrow edge in the center of the trigger that you are actually pulling against there's a fix for that.
    Also handled a Hellfire today. Looks like a polymer 80 frame that Faxon had their logo molded into with a fancy aftermarket slide. For $1600 I"m not AT ALL impressed.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I too chased guns for a bunch of years. Owned and fired them all. Sold them all off one at a time. Only pistol I own now is a Glock 19. It's all I'll ever need a pistol to be.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    "Trying to commit" almost sounds like learning to submit. I'm not that familiar with the P10 but likening the trigger issue to playing a guitar would have me "committed" to trying something else. Update... I handled a P10C today at SPT and if you are talking about the narrow edge in the center of the trigger that you are actually pulling against there's a fix for that.
    Also handled a Hellfire today. Looks like a polymer 80 frame that Faxon had their logo molded into with a fancy aftermarket slide. For $1600 I"m not AT ALL impressed.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Thanks for the response. I think it is a training issue. I'm going to get at least a 1000 rounds through it before I give up. I really like it and I'm starting to shoot it better with only about 300 rounds through it

Plus, with the extra mags, HB trigger,Wright Leather Works holster, Kydex paddle holster and a couple of mag holders I have too much money invested that I wouldn't get back.:)

I smoothed out the knit line on the bottom of the trigger guard as you noticed when you handled one. I really think it's a design issue by CZ. They kept the trigger guard as small as they reasonably could since it's considered a compact pistol. If it was 2 mm lower (deeper?), I think it would be perfect.

Top Bottom