• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Need some opinions. Convinced the fiancee, since she is getting two rings (engagement and wedding band), and I am only getting a wedding band, I deserve a new handgun. She has agreed to the stipulation that I can buy a handgun and open carry during the wedding underneath the tux jacket. Any opinions on what I should get? I was something nice and I'm leaning towards a 1911 and making it a bbq gun, however if I do get a 1911, I don't want a low end 1911, like RIA, but something mid-grade like SA or SIG. Throw out some opinions. I'm not looking to spend more than her engagement ring for the handgun and holster setup, which was $1700, but would prefer to keep it under $1000.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Dan Wesson for a 1911. Or maybe a polished CZ 75.

5wRDg9Q.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'd go with a high-polish Standard Manufacturing 1911, carried in a Miami Classic shoulder rig. That should run you right at $1,700 .....get your full due, man ! :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Need some opinions. Convinced the fiancee, since she is getting two rings (engagement and wedding band), and I am only getting a wedding band, I deserve a new handgun. She has agreed to the stipulation that I can buy a handgun and open carry during the wedding underneath the tux jacket. Any opinions on what I should get? I was something nice and I'm leaning towards a 1911 and making it a bbq gun, however if I do get a 1911, I don't want a low end 1911, like RIA, but something mid-grade like SA or SIG. Throw out some opinions. I'm not looking to spend more than her engagement ring for the handgun and holster setup, which was $1700, but would prefer to keep it under $1000.

Uh . . . are we unclear on the concept of "open carry"? Aside from that, you are an excellent negotiator.

I think it has to be a 1911 of some kind and you'll need a matching belt, holster, and double mag pouch in leather, horse hide, or elephant hide.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I just spent $1800 on a new wedding band for our ten year anniversary. All I got out of it was a phone adapter for my spotting scope. But it is a $2400 spotting scope.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Negotiating with the bride to be sounds like bad policy. She will shortly hold all the cards and may be vindictive about it.

Talking to her about spending "our" money is a good idea. You do have to listen when she speaks however.
    Looking at marriage as a "you got yours, now I get mine " transaction will not make for a happy, or long marriage. And it goes for both of you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd go with a high-polish Standard Manufacturing 1911, carried in a Miami Classic shoulder rig. That should run you right at $1,700 .....get your full due, man ! :yesway:

I second this choice but for me it is the Blue finish. These are stellar offerings along the lines of any 1911 in the price point and hands down better than most.

And just so you know I do not consider a Sig a 1911. It is 1911-ish and a fine gun but no, it is not a bonifide 1911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Negotiating with the bride to be sounds like bad policy. She will shortly hold all the cards and may be vindictive about it.

Talking to her about spending "our" money is a good idea. You do have to listen when she speaks however.
    Looking at marriage as a "you got yours, now I get mine " transaction will not make for a happy, or long marriage. And it goes for both of you.

Agreed.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Uh . . . are we unclear on the concept of "open carry"? Aside from that, you are an excellent negotiator.

Sig MPX slung over the shoulder then? Time to help the new bride understand that PDWs are considered handguns/pistols and go all in... maybe go ahead and get her one too?

5a326e8ac9a2828d5f52029f06c64f3c.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'll approach this from a different angle.

If you are starting out with an "if you get that than I get this" relationship (especially on the wedding/engagement rings), skip the wedding.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll approach this from a different angle.

If you are starting out with an "if you get that than I get this" relationship (especially on the wedding/engagement rings), skip the wedding.

Yep, gets expensive in the long run, and she'll wind up with all of it in the end anyway.

But since you are at the point you are, might as well just put all guns in a prenup, and stipulate getting a gun for every anniversary as well. Hmmm... maybe this should not be in purple.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

I think it has to be a 1911 of some kind and you'll need a matching belt, holster, and double mag pouch in leather, horse hide, or elephant hide.
    well, when I take my jacket off, it will be open carried. Under the jacket it will be "concealed" but it will be OWB.

Nah. I jokingly told her "you got your ring, where is mine?" She said "you get your ring at the wedding". I laughed and said "well, you get another at the wedding. That isn't fair." So she said "you can have a new gun." I replied "a new BBQ gun that I am carrying at the wedding." She said no, I said, "it will be under the jacket during the wedding" and she agreed. There was very little negotiation. We are both level headed and she understands why I carry. She asked that I not carry during the wedding, because I open carry and she was afraid it would look hillbilly in the pictures. I compromised that it would stay under the jacket during the wedding and most pictures. We are both willing to bend and come to agreements. It was not a "you got yours, now I want mine" deal. It started as a joke and she was agreeable. I haven't gotten a new gun in two or three years, so it isn't like I'm blowing money and looking for reasons for a new gun.

Top Bottom