• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not much of a Glock fanboi but I do have one. A 19x with an Agency trigger & threaded True Precision Spectrum barrel.

What I would like to do is add a Trijicon RMR.

This would be my new Run-n-Gun pistol (replacing my Canik TP9 SFx).

Reason for the change; I killed my RMR at an event and there are no backup rear sight on the Canik when using the optic.

I'd like to keep the pretty bronze colored factory slide as is and use a 2nd slide with the RMR cut and suppressor height night sights.

Having the rear iron sight mounted in front of the RMR would be a great bonus.

So INGO, what are my options?

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I wouldn't buy an aftermarket slide personally, the facts that attract me to Glock is the durability and companies that make aftermarket stuff don't invest as much in product development as Glock do. I would suggest to buy an actual Glock slide and do wherever would want to do to it, its probably more expensive but in my opinion is like buying insurance when it comes to quality. I don't have first hand information but I have come across some information about aftermarket slides with cracks and tolerance issues and that alone would steer me off buying one, I found you a G45 slide hope this helps.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/818229649

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't buy an aftermarket slide personally, the facts that attract me to Glock is the durability and companies that make aftermarket stuff don't invest as much in product development as Glock do. I would suggest to buy an actual Glock slide and do wherever would want to do to it, its probably more expensive but in my opinion is like buying insurance when it comes to quality. I don't have first hand information but I have come across some information about aftermarket slides with cracks and tolerance issues and that alone would steer me off buying one, I found you a G45 slide hope this helps.

The stock Glock slide is pretty much bullet proof. Stronger than Colt actually.:twocents:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I think AllenM can machine it. It would take the npvd finish off where it's machined.

I have the 19x, bought it the moment it came to market. The slide finish is kind of crazy, you know what I mean. I don't know if it would have the same look if it was heated. It would be cool to have an npvd finish rmr on it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I sent one to Primary Machine awhile back and they did a bang up job on it but it meant having the slide refinished (and I love the glock factory finish). The factory finish on my pistol that was with me 5 and a half years has a little less wear than my refinished melonite slide has in about half the time.
    As someone said Allen M can do it, and I'm sure he could put something on the exposed metal under the RMR to at least give it some form of coating. I know Jagerwerks also offers milling now while leaving the factory finish and throwing some tool coat or something where milled. First choice Allen, and if he's too busy I'd send it up to Michigan.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I have a Brownells RMR slide for a G17 that has impressed me. I have an Agency barrel in it and it’s been flawless after ~800 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the replies so far. My Google-Fu is strong but I'm not getting many hits for Gen 5 slide manufacturers.

A factory 19x or G45 slide would work. <- this might be my best option. Buy OEM, cut and refinish.

I know AllenM could machine the factory slide. So could ZRTactical in Noblesville (right up the road from me) -> https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/glock-19x-combat-package/

I have seen several people get their oem slides cut. Some refinished, some didn't. For what I'm doing with the gun, there's no way I can leave it unfinished.
    LoneWolfDistribution makes their own stainless slides. I can't find much info on them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

BOOM! That led me to this -> https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817961965 = SOLD!

I can swap in my True barrel & install suppressor height sights. Get it cut and refinished by Allen or ZRT then sell the extra parts later.
    My Canik has been great but you guys might see it in the classifieds soon.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They could probably cut your original and recoat it.

If you missed it above, I'm keeping the original slide as it was from the factory. With INGO's help, I spotted a G19x facory slide and bought it. I'll take that one to either Allen or ZRT for the RMR cut & refinish (hopefully only the machined portion). I do not need nor want all those extra ZRT cuts, just the RMR cut.

Thanks all!

:ingo:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bump for results. ZRT did a great job on my spare 19x slide. I had them dovetail in the suppressor sights in front of the SRO. I Run-n-gun with contacts so having the rear sight father away is easier for me to see.

I'm trying to convince myself that this Glock will replace my Canik TP9 SFx but the Canik is making it tough.

Shooting targets at 15 & 25 yards...
    d1f9a3083d32a2bf30bcacde2d557bfb.jpg
    53de62ec4139d25f106a6b4549574814.jpg
    98c7900ab2aa9188d82fd70fc05cac6f.jpg
    9e462636f9df79b33d92a1d02b981e40.jpg

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looks good! i also prefer my rear sight in front for whatever reason. I like the 19x/45 long grip short slide but I'm thinking of doing a 34 instead since I'll put a light on it anyhow length doesn't really matter at that point. Haven't shot the SRO but I've looked through one and the FOV looks nice and generous!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Glocks should come from the factory with a metal sight that fits into a dovetail machined into the slide. Glocks are good pistols, but lack some of the refinements of other current manufacturers. I'm surprised that Glock fan boys haven't asked the factory for upgrades to the pistol, but maybe Glock receives those suggestions and ignores them.

Top Bottom