• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    RK has the SCCY-2 onsite for 169.99 - and shipping to a store is 12.99. Add taxes and it's 195 out the door. Comes with 2 10 rnd mags.

So, please tell me why I shouldn't. A little history. Last year I sold my XDM 9mm because I have some strength issues in my left hand and could not effectively or safely rack the slide, even after break in and all that stuff. Just wasn't gonna work for me. Got rid of it and decided I'd stick with revolvers; until a buddy let me try the LCPII, which I can manage racking - no problem at all.

I miss the 9mm caliber but never shot a SCCY-2. I know what I have read and it seems like an equal mixed bag of opinions. If it works, people love.

195 out the door? Should I put some cortisone on that itch and walk away? Tell me why. My biggest concern (besides wife) is the racking.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ziggidy, I've had Keltec p11s for years, always hated the Skky's thought they were a ripoff from the P11's. My p11 trigger is bad, but its a truck gun, so.... My brother bought a skky, awhile back, and I pulled the trigger on it, and was amazed, it was really nice! surprised me. If that's your desire go for it, that being said, I love my M&P 9, for not much more, and racking the slide is not an issue for me, and my arthritic hands. hope this helps some....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Buy it.

Haven owns one and likes it. My wife shot his and now she carries one.

Trigger takes some getting used to, but its a good gun for the money.

Its like a Dodge Neon or a Kia Forte. Good, cheap, but not something you'd brag about.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Buy it.

Haven owns one and likes it. My wife shot his and now she carries one.

Trigger takes some getting used to, but its a good gun for the money.

Its like a Dodge Neon or a Kia Forte. Good, cheap, but not something you'd brag about.

Till you put a fart can, body panels, neon lights, and other junk on it then you become a laughing stock.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    My wife carried one for a few years. She ended up trading it for a Ruger EC9s which she likes much better than the SCCY. The SCCY-2 has been on sale on line for most of this year for around $179.99 & Free Shipping. The Ruger EC9s slide is equal to if not easier to rack than the SCCY. She got the Ruger EC9s from Brownells at $235 & free shipping.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Like CameraMonkey said, I have one. There is an aftermarket trigger kit for it that helps with the trigger from what I understand. I plan on getting it for mine eventually. It is a dual action trigger, so it is a bit heavy. It is a small gun, it could be a pocket gun (with a holster), it is very small. They are cost effective guns, it doesn't shoot badly, again a heavy trigger in it.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    A friend of mine bought two. One for him and one for his wife. His wife couldn't rack the slide so he ended up buying her a Glock 43...

Anyway. His son ended up with it and I got a chance to shoot it. It was plenty accurate enough at 7 yards. The trigger pull was long and fairly heavy, but smooth.

It definitely seemed like a good gun for a new shooter, practicing keeping the front sight on-target while steadily pulling the trigger, and pulling, and pulling...

Top Bottom