• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    How low can these things go? Very tough to resist at $165 after rebate.

https://www.rkguns.com/taurus-g2c-9mm-12rd-3-2-pistol-1-g2c931-12.html

Just keep the old adage in mind "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is". It's just like the cheap tools at Harbor Freight. If you're only going to use it a couple of times a year it's probably not a bad deal but there's a reason for them being so cheap.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

flylo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    decatur
    I own several of these & here's a good review https://www.snipercountry.com/taurus-g2c-review/ Lifetime warrenty & I've put several thousand rds & no problems at all. I'd change the guide rod to stainless & trust my life on it just as much as my Glock. It has double strike capacity which I think is critical. I think some early ones had a few issues but that was long ago. I have no idea why so cheap but it's worth twice what it cost. No offense but if you only judge things by what they cost I feel bad for you.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    I've always liked Taurus's revolvers but swore I'd never own a semi auto of theirs. Have not seen one bad review of these yet however

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Owned one, liked it, shot it, carried it, rear sight fell out after 2 weeks of carry, started jammin. They don't like carry goo (sweat, fuzz, oil, salt, rain, soda...). Clean they do OK, but they are not a good carry pistol by any stretch of the imagination. My glocks get cleaned when they leave stains on my hands without any issues. Glock comprable, not even close.

Restrike makes the fcg complex for no reason, if it doesn't go bang overhand charge and get that troubled charge out of the chamber. The trigger is sloppy, and there is no aftermarket relief.

Holsters, youre relegated to the fringe or custom.

I can think of better ways to waste 165 dollars. If you own a glock, this is not going to do anything for you. Id snatch up a trade in gen3 long before I would consider another g2c.

Personally I'd highly recommend the taurus tx22 instead of the g2c. It's a beast and is a practical training pistol.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom