• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I decided to try an Trijicon RMR on a Glock, currently have two G17 for self defense pistols. Should I buy just a slide for one or should I get an additional G17 and be dedicated to the optic?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    You can buy a bare slide with an optic cut almost a cheap as getting a slide cut for an optic. IMHO Trijicon RMR is not the best bang for your buck. Not as easy to see as some of the other products on the market, pricier and in my experience their warranty is a joke. I"ve had good luck with a Vortex venom and there are several sights that have lifetime warranties that are great optics.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah like NHT3 said slides with cuts are cheap. Use the internals from your current slide to put into a bare slide from Brownells which you can pick up for like $160 shipped.
    I have a couple of those and they run just as good with an RMR as my agency and zev and other higher priced slides do. They just dont have as fancy of cuts in them but if you just want function and the old school glock look then they are great. They also have the front slide serations.
    You can put a gen3 slide onto a gen4 frame.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...-cut-slide-for-gen3-glock-9mm-prod107977.aspx

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You must have missed my recent thread on putting an RMR on my G19X.

Gen 5 slides are still hard to find.

I bought a take off factory slide and will get it machined to accept my Trijicon RMR dual.

I've sent two items back to Trijicon for warranty repairs and never had a problem getting them fixed. I beat the snot out of that gear. It held up well but sometimes stuff breaks. I won't say don't buy Trijicon. I don't know if other brands would survive what I do to my gear.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I think you will find that a gen 5 slide is not compatible with a gen 4 frame. Internals are quite a bit different. I'm not sure what they are advertising?
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think you will find that a gen 5 slide is not compatible with a gen 4 frame. Internals are quite a bit different. I'm not sure what they are advertising?
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

Looks like you can pick either Gen 4 or 5 frame compatibility on that page, however it is strange in that it shows for the Gen 5 option that it uses Gen 4 slide internals. Strange.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Gabe Suarez has a video saying that the gen 4 slide on a gen 5 works just fine and honestly I don't trust enough to do it, due to limited availability on gen 5 stuff prices are high.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I decided to try an Trijicon RMR on a Glock, currently have two G17 for self defense pistols. Should I buy just a slide for one or should I get an additional G17 and be dedicated to the optic?

Just have agency arms mill it for you. They have a much nicer baseplate system than the glock MOS models, with a choice of how your backup sights are placed.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I got a good deal on an G17 gen 5 MOS so there was very little $ difference between a gen 5 slide and the whole gun. I got everything else on the way (RMR, MOS kit, sights).

Top Bottom