• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    ...and it turned out pretty good.

Just used my dremel at about medium speed first with a coarse sanding attachment then a fine sanding attachment and just took my time.

All in it was probably 15 minutes of my time and it does make a huge difference in the way the grip feels.

I’ve been intrigued by the idea for a while but just didn’t have the cajones to take a dremel to one of my guns.

Picked up a $300 police trade in G21 and finally figured why not?

still need to get a polishing bit and polish it up to match the texture.

2s82wib.jpg

23udc04.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Thats one of the reason I traded my gen 4 19, hated the finger grooves, have an M&P, now happy as a pig in poop with it!!

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Well done. I'm in the same boat here. To scared to mess up my G34.

Maybe I'll finally take the plunge because I'm building one hell of a "glock knuckle" on my middle finger. I have soft girl hands with no callousing and this is unacceptable :nono:

Finger grooves: I vote yes

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Well done! Were there any surprises during the process you didnt expect?

Nope, Just wrapped the frame with a rag and pinched it firmly, but not too firm, in the bench vise.

The pistol was positioned as it would be if it were laying on its side (but with nothing under it). I then just went up and down in that crevice slowly and carefully. First with the coarse sanding drum then with the fine sanding drum. The dremel sanding drums were the perfect size to fit right in that crevice.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I always thought Glock should find a way for the frame module to not be the serialized part. In one sense it makes sense as most everything else can be replaced, but any mods gone bad to the frame could be costly. I'm not sure I like the fire control unit in the Sigs being the serialized firearm, but it does lend to being able to do some thing so the grip modules without worrying about destroying the "firearm".

Looks good by the way.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I relieved the sinus/undercut a Gen 4 Glock 19. I thought it helped the finger grooves line up better and allowed me to get my whole hand on the gun properly. All it took was a piece of 150 and 600 grit sand paper wrapped around a magic marker. A person needs to remove very little material to achieve the effect.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Looks good! does anyone know if leaving the polymer unpolished has any negative effects on the longevity of the plastic? I ended up polishing mine to the same texture as stock after undercutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I like it. Now take a polishing stone to it to blend it in to the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Looks good, and glad to hear it fits better.
    I started with a G22 which fits my hand perfectly. And since that is a full size, I picked up a G23 and 27 because of the interchangeable mags and such. The 23 fits my hand well but my fingers are too big for the 27 and do not line up well with the grooves. I can get a max of 3 shots off and then I have to re position my grip. So, I do not carry the 27. It is a safe queen. And that is with the extended base plate on the mag.

Top Bottom