• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So I've been looking at a Beretta M9A3 because of all the features on the pistol. My only gripe is the different style of grip than the older models. I know they come with an additional grip of some kind in it, but I'm not 100% sure if that gets it back up to the size of an old 92fs/M9, or how that works out. Looking at Hogue's website the vertec grips with the soft wrap around grips still look smaller.

Thoughts?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While it does have a Vertec style grip, the M9A3 does come with an additional grip as part of the package that adds the shape of the standard M9/92FS for those who prefer that style.

Hogue does make grips for Beretta. I have a full factory 92FS Inox that has rubber grip panels with the Beretta logo on them but if you pull the grips off you will see "Hogue" molded to the inside. Cute.

If you do get the M9A3 and plan to install the FS style grip, make sure it is in with the package. Beretta normally ships with the extra grip, but I wouldn't put is passed some dealers to sell them as "extras" or even someone at the Beretta factory forgetting to throw the grips in the package. They don't have the best QC for out the door stuff.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    The second grip gives you pretty much an FS grip. Unless you feel you really need the threaded barrel I’d look at getting the Beretta Elite LTT instead. Similar features to the M9A3, regular M9 grip, better overall package IMO.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The second grip gives you pretty much an FS grip. Unless you feel you really need the threaded barrel I’d look at getting the Beretta Elite LTT instead. Similar features to the M9A3, regular M9 grip, better overall package IMO.

What really draws me to the M9A3 is the night sights and threaded barreled ready for a suppressor. I'd take night sights over the plastic hi-viz types of sights and by the time I bought a cheaper beretta and added night sights and a threaded barrel I'd be at an M9A3's price point anyway.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    IMO, the larger factory grips are a bit slick. I went back to the smaller ones. I love the gun but would prefer a bit more "length of pull" (if that's what it's called for pistols).

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I had a lot of experience with the M9 so when my agency adopted the Beretta 92 with the Vertec grip I had some concerns. However after shooting them a couple times it felt fine and I don't have an issue with it. Guess it was more being use to the lines with the larger arched grip more than actual feel I was use to.

Top Bottom