Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Worst Handgun

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    Colt Python. Action too delicate for shooting any volume. Bore diameter was overcut. Cylinder chambers varied. However it was a pretty gun. I soon discovered why you never see them in competition. Not shooters. Just for looking at. My cheap model 10 ran circles around this junk.

Thought I would list an American made gun as the fore mentioned imports hold true to substandard.
    I was getting ready to post the same thing. I had a Python. Beautiful gum. Couldn't hit the side of a barn with the damned thing. The S&W 66 that replaced it is good enough that pretty much anything I can see is in trouble if I want it shot.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Llamma 45 Mini Max, wasn't Mine thank god, It was brought to me to see if it could be fixed.. It couldn't be..
    My ole Buddy Marcus bought it, Rest in Peace bud, Looked like a Para P-12 & that was it, Total JUNK..
    He traded it at Keisler's before they were Orion for a MAK90 & that started an obsesion with AKs for Him..
    I have never seen a such a misfit piece of garbage in my life, I've been shooting for 48 years & still have never seen such rubbish..
    Hey it would fire the first shot every time & Jam & Jam & Jam, Should have come with a piece of toast..
    We found an extra magazine for it, that wasn't the problem, just loose fitting parts that where sharp as a razor..
    If you ever see one RUN don't walk away from it quickly.. It's FOOLS GOLD for sure.. Almost reminded me of a Jennings J-22 which is another story of a useless pistol we'll call Jelly = Jam..

Plinker

User Info Menu

I hate to hear this about the PMR 30. I was very interested in possibly getting one. I'm so happy I started this thread. This has been very entertaining. I've heard about the Sig Mosquito jamming. I've seen them run flawlessly and other jam all the time. With a .22 I always suspect the ammo 1st. It's just my go to 1st step. But as stated foreign made weapons of the more affordable line usually have lots of finish and fitment issues.
    Last edited by wmbraswell2; 07-11-2019 at 05:43.

User Info Menu

S&W Sigma, the worst trigger I've ever encountered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    I was getting ready to post the same thing. I had a Python. Beautiful gum. Couldn't hit the side of a barn with the damned thing. The S&W 66 that replaced it is good enough that pretty much anything I can see is in trouble if I want it shot.
    This is kind of interesting to hear... Never really had any experience with them, handled one a couple times never shot one though. Found a lot of other guns Id rather spend the money on myself. Nothing ever really stood out about it to me, like the "I HAVE to have that gun" feeling that I get with some guns I see.

User Info Menu

To be honest, I've not bought anything that's commonly considered to be outright junk (Lorcin, Bryco, Jennings, etc) - but I have had a couple of handguns that I soon got out of and upgraded into something more mainstream and even more reliable.

If I remember right, one of the first handguns I bought myself for carrying was a KelTec P11. Used. From Bradis. Rough & Rudimentary. Quite a simple machine. Chugged right along. Great capacity for such a little gun. I don't remember having any issues with it at all. These days, if I were going to have a KelTec, It'd be a P11.

Second was a Beretta 9000s. Space gun. But it was FAT in the hand. Not all that ergonomic. HORRIBLY stiff DA trigger. Incredibly horribly stiff. And an even more horribly incredibly stiff manual safety (slide mounted, of course). I think I carried it 3-4 times before I realized what an awful carry gun it was. But, again, I don't remember any functional problems with it. It also looked pretty cool.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyfender View Post
    Jennings J-22. Two or three jams every magazine.

Actually, when loading the mag with three rounds only, it was reliable and steady. Any more, and it was almost not shootable due to the aggravation. Nickel plated zinc............
    This ^^
    1911s are like Glocks except they are for grown-ups.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Yeah I always assumed the colt.pythons were top shelf due to cost and rarity. Interesting
    Last edited by wmbraswell2; 07-11-2019 at 07:47.

User Info Menu

I still own it... Sig Mosquito.

I keep it around because my son is learning how to shoot with it. I bought it new probably 6-7 years ago and I donít thinks itís ever fed all of the CCI mini-mags without a failure to eject on the last round.
    -Christopher

User Info Menu

Llama 1911 was the biggest piece of crap Iíve ever owned. The feed ramp on the frame was under cut so bad that it would not feed a single round out of a magazine. Even if you could finagle a round into the chamber, you could not hit the side of a barn with it....even if you were standing inside the barn. I gave it to a buddy (full disclosure) who eventually cut it up and pitched it.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger......except Bears......Bears will KILL you

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast