• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I'm looking to replace my older Bersa 380. Sadly, the slide broke after close to 20 years. Anywho, I am looking at the Bersa Thunder Plus. Any other recommendations? Preferably, nothing that requires special tools to break down.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I have a Browning 1911-380 with the 4.25" barrel. No tools needed to breakdown, just like any other 1911, but 85% the size. I got it because it was one of the very few guns that would fit my hand.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Since I consider .380 to be suitable for only pocket guns / deep conceal (especially with the prevalence and quality of sub compact 9mm guns now), I personally like the S&W Bodyguard 380 with integrated laser perfect fro this job. Anything bigger (Glock 42, 1911-380) and I would just carry a 9mm.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Glock 42. Very small and easy to conceal. Easy to break down, no tools required, and Glock reliability.
    Not expensive either.

This ^
    I don't own one but have shot my brothers quite a bit. nice easy shooting, just have to keep a firm grim or you will have jams from the limp wristing

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The best .380 is a 9mm. Seriously, the recoil with some of these new designs isn't a factor for most people. Unless you have a medical problem, step up.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The S&W Shield EZ 380 is a big(ger) sized pistol compared to most other .380's. It's very easy to work and light recoil.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I haven't owned a 380acp for years. A couple months ago, got a S&W EZ 380 acp, and it is a decent firearm. Its a holster carry piece, not a pocket model. My Wifey shot it and likes it too. She was watching sales ads on Fathers Day, and Bass Pro had Ruger LCP's on the ad page. She says,"Lets go look at those". After a close inspection of one, we purchased it. I thought the plan was for her to carry the Ruger, but she kept my S&W EZ! Now I carry the Ruger LCP, in my cargos, in the furnished pocket holster. Only ran a box of shells so far, but dependable. I also ordered an extended mag(1 rd additional), as the Ruger only had 1 in the box. Its not a 9mm, but light and easy to conceal. I looked at the Sigs, Kimbers, Springfield Arms, and honestly feel a double action in my pocket is safe to carry. The single actions are nice, quality made, but cocked and locked with a safety to work might confuse someone in a serious scenario of CCW. Good luck on your choice!
    Add: I enjoyed a couple of Bersas over a 30 year time period. Some people dont like them, but I never had an issue. A good friend still has one of mine from the 90's, and run well. I always wanted a Thunder Plus too. Standard models always worked fine. Can you send yours to factory for repair, OP? or, maybe just the slide? They might warranty a repair? Phone call? Good luck!

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I haven't owned a 380acp for years. A couple months ago, got a S&W EZ 380 acp, and it is a decent firearm. Its a holster carry piece, not a pocket model. My Wifey shot it and likes it too. She was watching sales ads on Fathers Day, and Bass Pro had Ruger LCP's on the ad page. She says,"Lets go look at those". After a close inspection of one, we purchased it. I thought the plan was for her to carry the Ruger, but she kept my S&W EZ! Now I carry the Ruger LCP, in my cargos, in the furnished pocket holster. Only ran a box of shells so far, but dependable. I also ordered an extended mag(1 rd additional), as the Ruger only had 1 in the box. Its not a 9mm, but light and easy to conceal. I looked at the Sigs, Kimbers, Springfield Arms, and honestly feel a double action in my pocket is safe to carry. The single actions are nice, quality made, but cocked and locked with a safety to work might confuse someone in a serious scenario of CCW. Good luck on your choice!
    Add: I enjoyed a couple of Bersas over a 30 year time period. Some people dont like them, but I never had an issue. A good friend still has one of mine from the 90's, and run well. I always wanted a Thunder Plus too. Standard models always worked fine. Can you send yours to factory for repair, OP? or, maybe just the slide? They might warranty a repair? Phone call? Good luck!

I checked into repairing it, out of warranty & parts. I can't find a spare slide anywhere. The newer models come with a lifetime warranty also. I was a nice shooting & accurate pistol.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I've always loved/trusted by Bersa Thunder .380's. I like them so much, I have 4 of them. One is a .22 LR for practice, two of them have only been test fired for reliability and then cleaned and put away, the fourth one is in my CCW rotation when needed. If anything breaks on it (I shoot it often and it has never given me any trouble), I'll put it away for spare parts and break out one of the new ones. I've looked at and shot several .380's but never found anything that I felt good enough to replace the Bersa.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    I went through the whole ordeal looking for a pocket 380, LCPII etc...
    I ended up with a Ruger EC9S barely bigger or heavier than most 380 and 7+1 9mm at my disposal.
    Just say'n

Top Bottom