Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ing-their-grip

Millennials simply can’t handle more than a nine. Of course when dealing with the “everyone deserves a trophy” generation, you can’t make that seem like a bad thing.
    That does explain a lot
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    A .40 is nice.

A 10 is better.
    I’m down to a single 10mm. My Delta Elite is a long term keeper. I keep buying 10mm Glocks, only to sell them a couple of months later. Time to start saving for a 1006 I think.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I’m down to a single 10mm. My Delta Elite is a long term keeper. I keep buying 10mm Glocks, only to sell them a couple of months later. Time to start saving for a 1006 I think.

Do as you deem best.

User Info Menu

I put another 50 rounds through the 4006TSW this weekend. That thing has an amazingly short reset. DA is nice and SA is pretty good too but holy cow, you can really ride the reset on that and have a lot of fun. The recoil is so low, you can just keep the muzzle down and have a ball.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I put another 50 rounds through the 4006TSW this weekend. That thing has an amazingly short reset. DA is nice and SA is pretty good too but holy cow, you can really ride the reset on that and have a lot of fun. The recoil is so low, you can just keep the muzzle down and have a ball.

I found that to be the case as well.
    Can't wait for another range time with my 4006TSW, as well.
    I'm selling one of my SW 5906 now that I bought off a member.
    After that I'll have to make a decision whether to keep both the 4006 & 5906 or sell one or the other: tough call.

User Info Menu

I tend to keep everything. Then, eventually, I find something I really want and dump them then. Plus, selling a .40 right now is tough. Easy to buy, tough to get your money back out of.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ing-their-grip

Millennials simply can’t handle more than a nine. Of course when dealing with the “everyone deserves a trophy” generation, you can’t make that seem like a bad thing.
    ^^^ Correct! So many young people I shake hands with are just lacking...like shaking a cold dead fish. Gives me the "willies."
    There are many reasons to have a strong grip...holding your phone firmly so you don't drop, it is only one of them.
    Last edited by STFU; 08-07-2019 at 08:37. Reason: spelling error
    Stamp collecting is fun!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Cant't go wrong with a 40. It has a bit snappier of a recoil so im not a fan of the compacts but a full size 40 is just as easy to handle as a 9. Plus, its easy to reload and takes well to my homemade cast lead bullets.

User Info Menu

Last night I found a guy I have talked with before about buying my old Shield 1.0 who lives close with 40 caliber for sale/trade.
    He had 3000+ rounds of 40 caliber that I found on page 5 or 6 in the Classifieds.
    I traded him 10 boxes of some of my 9mm for 5 boxes of his 40 caliber (range quality) & got some nice Hornady personal defense 40 caliber in the mix as well.
    I just got through buying 2 boxes of 40 at Cabelas earlier in the day when I went there to buy some 10mm.
    I wish I'd seen this ad earlier.
    If I end up shooting through these boxes b/c I end up loving the S/W 4006 40 caliber so much, at least I know where I can pick some up for a good price.

User Info Menu

I like 40SW bit I think if it was loaded closer to original spec (950fps with 180s from duty size gun), people wouldn't comment so much on the "snap".

Many 180 JHPs now are 1020fps or hotter, and that small speed increase at a huge amount of muzzle flip.

Download it to a 900fps like it's a slightly smaller .45 and it'll be your favorite gun.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast