Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Beretta 96. Fits between the 380 and 45 ACP. Don't have a 9 at the moment. Nothing wrong with a 40, just another choice.

Don

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    This, I have heard.. fge?
    Of course. It will be there along side ‘Bill’, the originator of the soft shooting .40 legend.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhslover View Post
    .40 did what it was asked to do, more punch than a 9, less recoil and greater capacity than a .45. then some jackwagon gunwriter at G&A magazine decides it's a bad thing and the lemmings go following after. Shoot what you want.

40 is not a bad cartridge, but it's recoil pulse/snap is much different than 45 IMO. The 45's I have had a much slower slide cycle feeling than the 40.

I did not like 40 in a subcompact and went to 9 for that reason. More power to those who like it, just not my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

I've got buckets of 40, most of it was free. It's a good time to have a few.

Picked this up from the lgs. Sold it to me for just about half of what was on the tag. Sat for a long time I guess. My first kahr. Seems OK so far.

User Info Menu

Nope! Owned one for about a week and quickly off loaded it. Any brass picked up on the range got scrapped.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    I've got buckets of 40, most of it was free. It's a good time to have a few.

Picked this up from the lgs. Sold it to me for just about half of what was on the tag. Sat for a long time I guess. My first kahr. Seems OK so far.

I held one at Point Blank last year and loved the size of it. Never have got to shoot one or had the opportunity to purchase another. If one does pop up at a lgs for a good price, I'll probably jump on it.
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

User Info Menu

40S&W, I'll leave it at that.

This is a really good time to get into .40. I’ve picked up 2 G27s, another G23, a .40 P07 and a .40 SP01 in the last year. All except for the SP01 were a steal in comparison to the 9mm equivalent prices. One of the G27s is a Gen 4 that looks like it had only been shot a couple of times. That one was $350. The other is a Gen 3 that was very well used for $299. I love shooting both of these and both have been perfect in function. I do run them with +1 base plates that give a better grip for me. They are great summer carry guns.
    Different base plate in the photo above
    Last edited by 88E30M50; 07-17-2019 at 06:18.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

I like the 40. I have two Glocks a S&W M&P and a Taurus in 40 with 357sig barrels for both Glocks and the M&P.
    Last edited by joncon; 07-17-2019 at 06:27.

User Info Menu

I still love the .40 and have a number of guns in that caliber. Hater's gonna hate!

User Info Menu

Not enough juice worthy of the squeeze, but overall an okay caliber. It'll do what you need it to.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast