Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I ordered a S&W 4006 TSW CHP pistol in .40 last night. I'll post pics when it comes in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have never had a .40 caliber, but last night I pursued a SW 4006 myself, since it had adjustable rear sights.
    I want a 3rd gen SW with adjustable rear sights.
    Waiting to hear word today on whether it is already sold.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    Maybe the key to loving the .40 is commitment. To dabble in .40 is to not see the beauty of the round. Jump in with both feet, reload .40 and shoot mostly .40 and you canít help but to love it.

Maybe for others. First time 2 yrs, second time 4 years, final time 2 years. Over 25,000 rounds total with 6 different guns.
    accuracy at first, anemic for the effort second, clutter in Arsenal last straw. For me the round gets in my way for any benefit. Just not worth it to me.
    "See you on the Range"

User Info Menu

The .40 out performs both 9mm and 45acp.
    My EDC right now is an HK VP40 LE. Great pistol, yes it is a full size pistol. More of an "under the seat" gun in my car and my "night stand" pistol.

Interesting video on the topic of performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ct95sfRMo
    Test for Echo

User Info Menu

The daughter didn't seem to like .40 much when she was younger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post
    The .40 out performs both 9mm and 45acp.
    My EDC right now is an HK VP40 LE. Great pistol, yes it is a full size pistol. More of an "under the seat" gun in my car and my "night stand" pistol.

Interesting video on the topic of performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ct95sfRMo
    I am a big fan of .40 but I donít know that I believe it outperforms most .45. If you calculate the volume of area that a bullet physically passes through, a .40 comes close to a .45 but does not beat it. There are some 9mm that come close to a .40, but again, they donít beat it. Some 9mm does not even come close to a .40 but then again, there are some .40 loads that donít approach the physical space that a 230g standard pressure HST passes through.
    Ď88 (aka Ď88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Love the .40! I like all calibers, but have plenty of .40

User Info Menu

Only shot a .40 once, but liked it just fine! To be fair, I think it was an exceptionally nice example. (Thanks, 88! )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    Only shot a .40 once, but liked it just fine! To be fair, I think it was an exceptionally nice example. (Thanks, 88! )
    That one is a soft shooter. It's an SP01 Tactical and softens the recoil quite a bit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ď88 (aka Ď88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Picked up a SW 4006 .40 caliber this evening: my first .40 caliber.
    Nice and heavy Smith 3rd generation, smooth D/A trigger pull with a short reset.
    Can't wait to try out the rear adjustable sights.
    Pics later, hopefully I'll get to the range tomorrow.
    I was reminded I have fired 2 other member's .40 calibers, both members I have bought guns from, and Ggreen sold me my first CZ last summer.
    Last edited by doddg; 08-01-2019 at 06:30.

User Info Menu

Only carried it when forced to by an employer.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast