• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    40S&W, I'll leave it at that.

Love them! 4 of my 7 Glocks are in .40 and a bunch of the CZs are as well. It’s an easy caliber to reload for too.

2c9a23b491f1802130ef10ed74eb79e9.jpg

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    Yes, I like .40 S&W in the right pistol and have three of them, two SIG P229s and a Beretta Cougar 8040F. I have shot a number of other pistols chambered in .40 S&W as well.

I like the caliber in a pistol that is at least mid-sized and has a bit of weight to it. The three pistols I have handle the recoil characteristics of 40 caliber very well, especially the SIGs. It is not my first choice caliber in compact or subcompact pistols, partly because of the limited magazine capacity compared to 9 mm Luger.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I've had a few and didn't dislike them. It became outnumbered by other Caibers and with the advent of production class in USPSA at the time there wasn't a need for me to have them qhe. I could shoot the less expensive 9mm.

As far as the wear and tear yes it has more ump but just chmge your recoil springs SS RECOMMENDED and generally your guns (especially striker fired polymer framed) are fine.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    My first pistol ever was a .40 given to me by my FIL. S&W SD40. I got rid of it shortly after I discovered a Glock 19. I have not had a .40 since. Never will. Seems to me like .40 is an answer to a question that should never have been asked.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    If I have my pick I will go with a 9mm. Followed by 45acp, if I want a big boy caliber. But a .40 will work. I dont discriminate. I like all Calibers.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If I have my pick I will go with a 9mm. Followed by 45acp, if I want a big boy caliber. But a .40 will work. I dont discriminate. I like all Calibers.

Variety is the spice of life.
    .40 Short & Weak?
    Just kidding.
    I have a .40S&W in the venerable "Baby Eagle", all steel, and just as sweet as she looks.
    A little on the heavy side for carry, but it's not my only choice either.
    Like Usmccookie, "I like all calibers".

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Variety is the spice of life.
    .40 Short & Weak?
    Just kidding.
    I have a .40S&W in the venerable "Baby Eagle", all steel, and just as sweet as she looks.
    A little on the heavy side for carry, but it's not my only choice either.
    Like Usmccookie, "I like all calibers".

That's something I need top try, 40 in a heavier steel framed gun. I've only shot it in polymer striker fired guns

EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    .40 is a solid round. Easy to manage as long as you have a decent length barrel, and ammo is plentiful (cheap).

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    .40 did what it was asked to do, more punch than a 9, less recoil and greater capacity than a .45. then some jackwagon gunwriter at G&A magazine decides it's a bad thing and the lemmings go following after. Shoot what you want.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    .40 costs more and recoils more. What will a .40 dispatch that a 9mm won't if you hit where you are aiming? Just saying.. If you are happy, practice and train with a .40 I'm happy for you. To each his own, I'll stick with the 9.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom