• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Recently acquired my first "real Glock" (17 Gen3) and I am loving the aftermarket support. I had a 43 that I carried for awhile that I liked but replaced with a P320. Now Im carrying a P365 full time and loving it. Anyway, I digress...

I am very interested in stippling and undercutting my frame. I would love to see pictures from those who have this and where you got it done. Thank you!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is about as much as I’ll do in undercutting the trigger guard. I’ve seen some nice stipple jobs but have no desire to try one myself. The Gen 4 texture is pretty nice as is and my Gen 3’s wear Talon rubbers to make them feel better.

ee6499366fafc68da7a1e28d6159cd41.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    DIY, why pay someone else when it’s pretty simple with some patience and time.
    View attachment 78883

LOL, Maybe for you but when did my own it looked pretty good but I was cross eyed and the knuckles on my right had were locked up by the time I finished:) I think some artistic ability as well as the patience and time is required. You obviously have more artistic ability than I have.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I always wanted to get someone to do a bob tail like Cold Bore Customs does, but didn't want to send it off to have it done. Here's an image from their website:

Bobtail1.jpg

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    This is what I came up with...

No idea wtf is up with the quality of pic... will work on that in the morning.

Picture quality is fine if you click on the image to open in Photobucket -- and that looks excellent! Very clean undercut and stippling looks aggressive. Nice job! Makes me want to tear the talon grips off my G43 and have at it. That was a 3-4 hour job?

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    It probably could be a 3-4 hour job. I took my time and spread it out over a couple days and it wound up being about 6-7 hours. It feels fantastic though.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Masking tape and pencil go a long way for marking it out, and then masking tape to follow the edge. This is why I like the smaller pattern like mine cause it doesn’t show any pattern goof ups when your moving about angles, edges and what not.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    This is an older Gen 2 Glock 23 that I did a grip reduction and shortened it to a Glock 27 length grip...only because I have smaller hands and the Glock 27 sized grip is comfortable to me.
    It only took about 10 hours over a 2 week period and I finished with a light tree bark stipple. It now sports a tritium front sight and a Hackathorne rear sight.
    I also installed all new springs, including a stainless recoil spring, and a new OEM trigger set, and it shoots like a dream! Thinking about putting a .357 SIG barrel in it???

A6iBBZu.jpg

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I always wanted to get someone to do a bob tail like Cold Bore Customs does, but didn't want to send it off to have it done. Here's an image from their website:

Bobtail1.jpg

I sent a frame down to Lane Owens once...he's slow be he does fantastic work!
    But after weighing the cost, I started doing my own (see Glock 23 grip reduction above!)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I sent a frame down to Lane Owens once...he's slow be he does fantastic work!
    But after weighing the cost, I started doing my own (see Glock 23 grip reduction above!)

Yep, just haven't seen anyone else do a bob tail.

That said, been thinking about a Gray Guns grip module for my P365.

Top Bottom