Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

G48 owners - sound off!

The good, the bad, and the ugly! I want to hear all about it.

Because I'm thinking about picking one up to become my main EDC choice.

Should also note that the Sig P365XL is also intriguing. But I'm not keen on the past history with the standard P365...nor the cost.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    The good, the bad, and the ugly! I want to hear all about it.

Because I'm thinking about picking one up to become my main EDC choice.

Should also note that the Sig P365XL is also intriguing. But I'm not keen on the past history with the standard P365...nor the cost.
    Iím a fan. Been wanting a single stack 19 for ages along with everyone else iím sure. I usually carry a 43 or a 19 so this is the Goldilocks for me. Plus you can get it in black now.

User Info Menu

IF I buy one... I'll be transitioning from a 1.0 Shield 9mm as my main carry gun to a G48. Essentially a seamless transition. Software would essentially be the same - but I'd need to invest in more holsters, mags, sights, etc, etc.

It would be cheaper to just buy a few + baseplates for the Shield mags to get the same standard capacity. But the potential for the 15 rd mags for the G48 have me quite intrigued. IF they're real. And if Sig doesn't sue them.

User Info Menu

I am really liking my 48 switched out the connector and is a really nice shooter. I like my 365 and carry it often, but still like both my 48 and 43 better!

User Info Menu

Bought 1 a while back. Holsters are a problem as I'm kinds picky. The site are typical Glock. Hard for me to pick up. Still trying to decide how much I like it. It shoots well enough. Wife likes it better than the G19's. May look into putting a red dot on it. Length of the grip is still an issue with printing for me.

Bob

Shooter

User Info Menu

Gotta say I dont understand the 48. But I am eyeing that G45 pretty heavily. I am new and late to thr Glock game but I am liking what I am seeing so far.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Glocks for me have always been the worst feeling pistols (chunky/blocky) in my hand and that all changed with the intro of the G42 and G43. Bought a used G42 and then in May of this year picked up a new G48 on gunbroker for under $400.

I really enjoy the G48 , easy to shoot and fairly accurate and a grip more fitting for my hand size. I added Talon granulates which I really like. Added the Vortex Venom as I was thinking of shooting in the Glock match at Camp Perry earlier this month.

At first I didn't care for the two tone but after owning it for a while I guess it doesn't really bother me. What I could do without is the front slide serrations - about the only thing I would change.
    Attachment 78781

User Info Menu

I'm very happy with my 48, I have carried a lot of different pistol and the 48 is my favorite by far. Not too big or too small, shoots like a larger pistol and small enough to carry IWB comfortable, I not put that many rounds through but have not had even a hint of a malfunction. I also had a 43X and I like the 48 better as in my opinion has a better balance (nothing wrong with the 43X), is the 48 for everyone NO as most people want a very small pistol for CCW but in my case I'm confident that my 48 can get me out of harm's way without any issues. I'm not a fanboy of any brand but I won't even look a P365 as I don't think Sig put a good consistent product, I can trust my 48 100 % if I do my part.

ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

I have both the G48 and the P365XL. For me, the P365XL beats the Glock in every way. Points more naturally (for me), better trigger, feels better in my hand. Most most importantly, the P365 holds two more rounds. Unless Shield Arms actually releases their 15 round G48 mags, the P365 will be my EDC over the G48 every day.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the info / feedback, everyone.

For now, I'm holding off purchasing.

I did just buy 2 +2 baseplate extensions for my Shield. That'll bring it up to 10+1 and another 10 in the spare mag. We'll see how that all works out!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast