Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 159 of 427 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 4265

User Info Menu

Speaking of friends without tools, I got a text yesterday from a neighbor asking if he could borrow a grease gun. I said sure. He asked what time I stopped work and I said usually around 5. I told him that Iíd have it ready for him and he said that heíd just bring the mower that he wanted to lube over.

What I thought was a request to borrow a tool was actually just making sure I had the right tool to lube his mower for him. I donít mind really as heís a good guy but I do have to remember that when the neighbor that owns no tools asks if you have one, he will generally expect you to use it for him too.
    Ď88 (aka Ď88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

I did a quick trip to MCFG this morning to run the Mossberg 500, G23.4 and P07 in 9mm. Overall, it was not a great range trip. The shotty ran fine and the shoulder seems ok with it. The P07 ran fine but I was not on my game and really think that I need to invest in better sights. The G23.4 had a couple of light strikes when I got through the target ammo and started to shoot a batch that I put together to mimic the performance of a .40 HST. I use magnum SP primers and the gun didnít like those. When I got home, I pulled it apart and saw that it had a lighter striker spring that I had installed when I did the trigger. I replaced it with a stock striker spring and will test again tomorrow. Glocks donít react well to tuning Iíve found. Then again, neither do .40 CZs sometimes.
    Ď88 (aka Ď88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I never had A/C until about the age of 22. The few occasions that I was exposed to it growing up left me thinking that it sucked. Kind of that odd feeling where things just feel clammy, not good.

Then when we bought our first house, I got used to it really quickly but I do miss not having it in some ways. Growing up, on hot humid days in Pittsburgh, the neighbors sat around in our front yard telling tales and drinking beer. Now, on hot humid days, the neighborhood here is deserted and the main sound heard is the hum of A/C units. It sure is comfortable, but it comes at a cost.
    Comfort​ enters your home as a guest, and soon sits at the head of the table as master.

User Info Menu

SORRY IT WASN'T A BETTER DAY FOR YOU 88.

Hope ya get the Glock sorted out.
    hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
    Comfort​ enters your home as a guest, and soon sits at the head of the table as master.
    Older A/C systems did a poor job at dehumidifying. That is exactly what they are is a whole house dehumidifier. The byproduct of that process is cold air.
    The newer systems are so much more efficient in the dehumidifying end of this. The discharge air is not as cold but more comfortable. The house is dryer. And comfort is sitting at the head of the table.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Older A/C systems did a poor job at dehumidifying. That is exactly what they are is a whole house dehumidifier. The byproduct of that process is cold air.
    The newer systems are so much more efficient in the dehumidifying end of this. The discharge air is not as cold but more comfortable. The house is dryer. And comfort is sitting at the head of the table.
    In my silver years, I'll gladly invite comfort to join me !

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Whew, got lucky! My guy got here, found it was only a blown capacitor and he had it replaced in no time. Less than $200 and the house is already cooling down...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Whew, got lucky! My guy got here, found it was only a blown capacitor and he had it replaced in no time. Less than $200 and the house is already cooling down...
    Good to hear!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Lucky on 2 counts, it has been fairly cool lately

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Very glad I was so lucky!