Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 362 of 504 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 372 412 462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 5039

User Info Menu

Good Morning my people...

1st day of Religious Education..kinda big deal.

Then I gotta sing and play the 10:30 Mass.

Large day, but I'll make it.

Peace
    hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

I have a lift and a convenient place to dispose of the oil properly. I find it much easier to drop my car off at Rod's shop, talk baseball/drag racing or walk downtown for lunch and in matter of minutes my car is serviced, swept out and ready to go.

BUT, I do think it is a good idea for every to understand the basic service requirements of a car and some understanding of how it works. I "made" my kids assist in all kinds of repairs of their cars. Now that they are all adults and the overwhelming complexity of even simple systems today, using the services of a professional automotive technician is just easier for me. Plus I don't have time...this is probably the biggest factor.
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Yep yep. Deffinately deffinately
    Double double bubble bubble
    I liked her better before the enhancements actually.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I liked her better before the enhancements actually.
    I think this can be applied as a nearly universal statement.
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

We used to do all of our own work but like TD we farmed out alignment/tires. Any big exhaust work was also farmed out.

These days I will tackle some things but oil changes are done at the jiffy lube while I Ingo on my phone. Yes I have come to this.

Pitiful. Just pitiful I tell you.

I will be doing an AC compressor swap on the magic bus very soon and I just can not wait. I am so excited to lay on my back and work in the blind between the engine and the cross member.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Morning all...

Oil change is easy. First you clip the coupon, then you take it to the dealer listed on the coupon and hand them a $20 and you come back when they're done.

Okay, to be serious, it depends on your vehicle. Some are ridiculously difficult to change the oil filter and therefore it's best to let a pro do it. Sometimes you honestly can find coupons for a dealer that make it close to the same price-wise to buying everything yourself and spending your time doing it. On my Grand Prix when I bought it, I picked up a maintenance package that worked well for the first 5 years. After that, I just took it to a local dealer who charged $25 with a coupon. Now that I drive something that takes synthetic oil, the dealer I bought it from has specials every time I've needed to have it changed that make them doing it cheaper than if I did it myself. They even offer a loaner vehicle if needed. Heck I usually do it during a work day and connect to wifi and VPN into work. That way I'm doing it on work time and getting paid for it...
    This!! Its not cost effective to do it yourself really like it used to be I guess. Growing up my dad made me change the oil in his trucks and my moms vehicle. So I know how but I have zero desire to do that now and I'm happy to pay for that and many other things to be done. But always try to watch them or know whos doing it because most places have the dumbest idiots working for them doing the oil changes. Ive watched oil running out the bottom while they are pumping it in the top before because they didn't put the plug back in.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

User Info Menu

Iím not smart enough to know my own limits on repairs for cars and have no problem jumping in on most anything that needs done. Iíve rebuilt engines, swapped autos for manuals, done engine swaps, rebuilt suspensions and a lot of other stuff. But, Iím starting to farm out the oil changes and some of the repair work on my truck.

It started when I bought the blue BMW. Itís a 2011 5 series and I have zero interest in doing the maintenance on that car. I know that I can, but just donít want to and for a bit of money, I can drop it off and drive a new BMW for the day while the dealer changes the oil. I still change the oil on the F150 but it needs to go to the shop for a P/S system leak and Iíll just have them change the oil and do an alignment while itís there.

In my case, Iím just getting lazy as I age and my enjoyment of lying on concrete diminishes every year.
    Ď88 (aka Ď88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Yep same here 88. Not fun or easy with health stuff either.
    Also I bought a mower that doesn't require oil changes. Actually a selling point for that engine. Just top it off thats it.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Yep same here 88. Not fun or easy with health stuff either.
    Also I bought a mower that doesn't require oil changes. Actually a selling point for that engine. Just top it off thats it.
    Ha. Let us know how that works out.....

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Ha. Let us know how that works out.....
    I recently bought one like that as well. As a matter of fact, all of the mowers I saw were that way.