Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 392 of 504 FirstFirst ... 292 342 382 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 402 442 492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5039
    I still care....Really

User Info Menu

88.....they play to the woman. Ladys I have known for years and respected as being intelligent are slobbering all over themselves to get on the bandwagon. Hive minded and marching in lock step. Conversations with them are somewhat humorous but in the end dangerous. All they have is sound bite rhetoric driven responses. It is like talking to the Borgue hive. But what if the next victim is someone you love is one of my favorites. Respond with "How is disarming me going to prevent this"......Them, if we have all the guns locked up then no more mass shootings...........

I ask "Who is gonna lock them up you???"
    Them....the Government.
    Me.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

We need to find a way to motivate anyone and everyone that is pro-2A to write their congressman/senators to let them know. Everyone in my family claims to be pro-2A (except my liberal nephew in CA) but I am the only one that has ever sent an email to my representatives stating such.

We need to start educating non-gun owners in regards to what the 2A means and why it is important to even non-gun owners. The mindset of the 2A being for hunters from those that are not familiar is hurting us.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    88.....they play to the woman. Ladys I have known for years and respected as being intelligent are slobbering all over themselves to get on the bandwagon. Hive minded and marching in lock step. Conversations with them are somewhat humorous but in the end dangerous. All they have is sound bite rhetoric driven responses. It is like talking to the Borgue hive. But what if the next victim is someone you love is one of my favorites. Respond with "How is disarming me going to prevent this"......Them, if we have all the guns locked up then no more mass shootings...........

Them....the Government.
    Me.....
    Yep....

I have been on a regular series of conference calls with numerous East Coast professionals over the past couple months. The issues of shootings have come up many times. Let me just say that their opinions, base of knowledge, understanding of 2a and a general grasp of reality could not be any different than that which we hold to be true. Unfortunately, 'their" opinions and believes are widely held across the nation. We are a minority. We need to understand that...
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    We need to find a way to motivate anyone and everyone that is pro-2A to write their congressman/senators to let them know. Everyone in my family claims to be pro-2A (except my liberal nephew in CA) but I am the only one that has ever sent an email to my representatives stating such.

We need to start educating non-gun owners in regards to what the 2A means and why it is important to even non-gun owners. The mindset of the 2A being for hunters from those that are not familiar is hurting us.
    Brother you are singing to the choir. I have lost track of the number of folks CKW and I have converted into gun owners.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

The path to the destruction of the 2A is a road map to the future demise of the 1A. This is point that is too often missed.
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

User Info Menu

The anti-gun crowd has been having great success in their campaign to disarm commoners. They are fighting a multi-front battle that most people don’t even know that they are in.

First, they demonize the NRA. You must reduce the oppositions means of countering your message and by portraying the NRA as a bunch of rich guys getting richer by selling guns with no regard to the loss of life, they can make anything that the NRA says sound self serving.

Control the media. Do not allow a positive message of guns to be told. Filter the positive and accentuate the negative. Make the gun the focus of any bad situation where one is involved.

Embrace emotion. People do dumb stuff based on emotion. When something happens such as a shooting, jump on that immediately to exploit people when they are not thinking right. Don’t give them a chance to step back and think something through, but instead capitalize their emotion. Once the emotion dies, people tend to think a bit more clearly and gun control begins to become tough.

Generate emotion. Sometimes, bad things don’t happen fast enough for the anti-gun crowd, so they need to amp up the rhetoric and gin up as much emotion as they can until they get lucky and another mass shooting happens.

Deflect. When a mass shooting happens, do not allow people to reflect on what is causing people in our society to become monsters but instead deflect all attention towards the tool that was used if it was a gun.

Those SOBs have been playing this game very well and they are outperforming us.
    Sounds like the same tactics used when I was deployed to Iraq. I would talk about the positives and people would be surprised they didnt hear about it on the news.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post

Them....the Government.
    Me.....
    That’s yet another way in which the anti-gun media is winning. Promote group-think instead of individual critical thinking. Shame those that don’t follow the group-think solution.

The ‘What if the next victim is someone you love’ should be met with the statement that ‘I protect the ones I love and am teaching them to protect themselves as they age’. Disarmament does not reduce the chance of violence, it increases it. Point out that guns can be manufactured at home in today’s world, so you will never get rid of them. You will only reduce a person’s ability to protect.

Maybe point out that a gun grants a person power and that power can only be removed by another person with a gun. They don’t get to choose ‘nobody gets a gun’ because that’s just not possible. The old adage ‘Might makes right’ is true. A stronger side will always choose what ‘right’ means. The only way to keep some semblance of ‘right’ is to balance power.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

I think one thing that can help is pointing out how firearms are essential to self defense for people with disabilities, women, and the elderly. All of these populations normally do not have the physical ability to defend themselves against a larger attacker and firearms are the best tool to give them a chance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    I'm looking forward to picking up that Mark IV Competition from Turbo once I get paid. I tried to be strong, but the idea of a Turbo upgraded .22 was just too much for me...
    It’s a nice shooter and a heck of a deal.

It just happens to be last 22 I grab, my MkIIIs are more enjoyable for me. I told myself I was going to buy a threaded upper for the MkIV and I’ve had the cash and passed on doing that 3 or 4 times now. Figured that was the sign I wasn’t going to use it like I thought I would and if I’m not taking it to the range, why am I keeping it?
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    Yep....

I have been on a regular series of conference calls with numerous East Coast professionals over the past couple months. The issues of shootings have come up many times. Let me just say that their opinions, base of knowledge, understanding of 2a and a general grasp of reality could not be any different than that which we hold to be true. Unfortunately, 'their" opinions and believes are widely held across the nation. We are a minority. We need to understand that...
    Yep sadly true. We are the minority. Our founders were the minority too but had victory over the british. Even now there is no way a cities police or even states national guard could stop a riot of just 10 to 15% of a cities population. They do not have the numbers.
    The people outnumber them tremendously. Then factor in how many of those public servants would be sympathetic to whatever cause. Then factor in the others that would simply not take a side but would refuse to participate in any harmful action against the populous.

In small numbers there is victory as long as people are united.
    I use this example to show that the big bad scary government isnt really that big in the grand scheme of things tactically.

Also think if just 10% of gun owners wrote their elected officials. The numbers would be overwhealmingly high. Too many of our fellow citizens give up and admit defeat before they even try. Our voices do matter and I for one want to keep a clean conscious and know I pursued every peaceful measure possible to get our govt back in line to help this country.
    Governments are not the country. We are the country. America will live forever if we want it to. But a garden does not grow and survive on its own. It needs work by a gardener and loving care and also a firm hand or it will be choked out by the weeds

NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE